Swollen Eye Help - Benadryl?

Bryan4Bella7

Dec 26, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hey everyone, I have a question about my Bella's eyes I noticed today. About a few hours ago I noticed she was constantly swatting her paws at her eyes. From first look it appeared her eyes had gotten puffy/Swollen. I checked around the folds as she has had immflamation in the past which required me to clean and keep dry. I believe this may be allegies however as it looked like she was stung by a bee. Her eyes were both barely open after time and after reading about giving your dog benadryl and the affects I reluncltly did with her supper. I gave her half and she has since tuckered out but I was wanting to hear other peoples experiences with giving there dog benadryl and if this was a smart move. I planned on taking her to the vet tomorrow anyways for a nail cut but now I am wondering if I should have the doc look at it to be on the safe side. Thoughts, input, or suggestions is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes... Benedryl is fine... 1mg per pound up to 3 times a day.

Some use Zyrtec or Claritin which would be one pill a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
sooooooooo??????????????? hows she doing?

Members online

No members online now.