May 17, 2017
California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
IMG_1489.JPG

Hi!

My 14month old english Rosie has been limping for 2 weeks. Will want to run and play...but when not distracted, will not put full weight on her front right foot, and will walk with a limp. I understand that bulldogs don't always show how much pain they are in. Today, I noticed a bump right above her farthest left toe on her paw (see picture). What could this be? Thank you!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
View attachment 108218

Hi!

My 14month old english Rosie has been limping for 2 weeks. Will want to run and play...but when not distracted, will not put full weight on her front right foot, and will walk with a limp. I understand that bulldogs don't always show how much pain they are in. Today, I noticed a bump right above her farthest left toe on her paw (see picture). What could this be? Thank you!

My brindle had the same issue once. Turns out she had an infection between two toes. Couldn't even see it as she is very dark which didnt help and it was completely in the bottom back end.. I cleaned it with essential oil mix I use for her tail pocket n soaked her 4 paws in ACV. It disappear a couple days later. Now im not sure if that bump on your photo is something. Is it hard? Soft? Duke my little one has that bump like your. Was red no fur. Was a scruff from the cement pad in the back yeard as he runs n plays rough with Nyala. If you press on it, does she yelp?

OP
R

Rosiegirl12

May 17, 2017
California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
Doesn't seem to bother her when I mess with it, but it definitely looks irritated or swollen. It's a hard bump almost feels like a bone or something! Thank you for the reply!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Doesn't seem to bother her when I mess with it, but it definitely looks irritated or swollen. It's a hard bump almost feels like a bone or something! Thank you for the reply!

I'd have it checked, maybe x-ray to ensure nothing is broken-- don't want it getting worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I would get it checked as well. Could be anything from an adema to a broken toe. No way to know without getting it looked at.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.