Help Needed! Hacking

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
Hi everyone ! Starting last weekend Fran seemed to have something caught in her throat where she eventually threw up her food. No more vomit but she has been hacking for a couple days, yesterday she had a runny nose and she does this thing where it appears she's taking a deep breath in her nose but it sounds like someone with a ton of mucus in their throat. She will hack a little bit after I give her treats too. She eats with no problem and her personality seems the same. I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through this? Is this allergies or should I be concerned? She is up to date on all shots.

Thank you!
1a545bae502b7d9d899ab830d15691cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. [emoji190][emoji252]

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Hi everyone ! Starting last weekend Fran seemed to have something caught in her throat where she eventually threw up her food. No more vomit but she has been hacking for a couple days, yesterday she had a runny nose and she does this thing where it appears she's taking a deep breath in her nose but it sounds like someone with a ton of mucus in their throat. She will hack a little bit after I give her treats too. She eats with no problem and her personality seems the same. I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through this? Is this allergies or should I be concerned? She is up to date on all shots.

Thank you!
1a545bae502b7d9d899ab830d15691cf.jpg

Awe Fran!! Ellie and I hope you feel better soon.

Definitely a quick trip to the vet to be safe, keep us posted!!

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Awe Fran!! Ellie and I hope you feel better soon.

Definitely a quick trip to the vet to be safe, keep us posted!!

Thank you! We go tonight after work. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
update required ;)

- - - Updated - - -

update required ;)................. when able :)

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] [MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION]. Hey guys! So first - Fran does NOT like getting her temperature taken. And they believe she has an upper respiratory infection.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] [MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION]. Hey guys! So first - Fran does NOT like getting her temperature taken. And they believe she has an upper respiratory infection.

Oh Fran!! we hope you feel better soon.

Ellie does not like it either, did they give her any antibiotics?? Do you have a vaporizer, if not run a hot shower and keep her in the bath room, Steam her as much as you can, do so Coupage to her side, to help loosen any junk that might be in her lungs.

Ellie had Kennel cough twice from her daycare, so we have done this a couple times

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh Fran!! we hope you feel better soon.

Ellie does not like it either, did they give her any antibiotics?? Do you have a vaporizer, if not run a hot shower and keep her in the bath room, Steam her as much as you can, do so Coupage to her side, to help loosen any junk that might be in her lungs.

Ellie had Kennel cough twice from her daycare, so we have done this a couple times

Yes antibiotics and no play dates for a couple weeks. It breaks my heart when they do the temperature!! I've never seen her react the way she does when they do that. It's nuts.

She loves sitting in the bathroom with me when I shower ! I have a humidifier (3 kids lol) I will set it up in the bedroom. Thank you for the tips! ❤️❤️❤️ on a lighter note (well not literally lol) she is FOURTY POUNDS. But a fit 40. She sleeps over my head on my pillow idk how that's gonna work once she's full grown... she's gonna be a big girl!!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
You are so welcome, Awesome!! You got this mommy!!

I always kept Ellie away for about 3 weeks JUST to be safe

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
You are so welcome, Awesome!! You got this mommy!!

I always kept Ellie away for about 3 weeks JUST to be safe

She was the star of the bus stop in the morning with all the kids. Poor baby but gotta do what I gotta do!!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
aww sweet heart.... hang in there. the hardest part is keeping them down :(

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
aww sweet heart.... hang in there. the hardest part is keeping them down :(

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes antibiotics and no play dates for a couple weeks. It breaks my heart when they do the temperature!! I've never seen her react the way she does when they do that. It's nuts.

She loves sitting in the bathroom with me when I shower ! I have a humidifier (3 kids lol) I will set it up in the bedroom. Thank you for the tips! ❤️❤️❤️ on a lighter note (well not literally lol) she is FOURTY POUNDS. But a fit 40. She sleeps over my head on my pillow idk how that's gonna work once she's full grown... she's gonna be a big girl!!

Was about to say an infection. I say it often more like a broken record, lolll get a diffuser and leave it on 24/7. Great for kids too! Follow the recipes in the link.
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

I hope she heals up quickly --- happy you caught it early as it can get bad real fast.

BTW -- oh, how I miss the 'bully-hat'... LOVED when they slept around my head on up against my neck. :luv:

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope she heals up quickly --- happy you caught it early as it can get bad real fast.

BTW -- oh, how I miss the 'bully-hat'... LOVED when they slept around my head on up against my neck. :luv:

Thank you and me too! Once I googled her symptoms and saw that it could lead to pneumonia I immediately made vet appointment.

Ughhhh I could snuggle that stinky little baby all day. She likes when I hold her chest to chest with her arms on my shoulder like she's a baby. It's my favorite! ❤️❤️❤️[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.