HELP!!! Bone/nail found on bulldog

Gabriella1

Sep 9, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I just found what looks like a nail or bone growth on my bulldogs tail! It initially looked like a worm but it's really hard and when I tried to pull off it stated to bleed a little. She's 5 and never had anything like this before. Should I take her to emergency doggy vet or can it wait until Monday?!? Anyone with information would be greatly appreciated.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I just found what looks like a nail or bone growth on my bulldogs tail! It initially looked like a worm but it's really hard and when I tried to pull off it stated to bleed a little. She's 5 and never had anything like this before. Should I take her to emergency doggy vet or can it wait until Monday?!? Anyone with information would be greatly appreciated.

Hello n WELCOME! !! Can you send a photo? Would be easier for all of us fo help you if we it the issue. Cause im not sure when you say bone growth n looks like a worm but hard.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Picture, please?

How is it this morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
There is something called violet glands. Could it be that?

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I can't say for 100 percent, but first of all, don't panic, it's not an emergency, most probably its a type of hyperkeratosis, when cells similar to nails and hair form like a little horn on a skin. Not dangerous at all, can be surgically removed.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.