Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
so scary!!! and hove you found a solution yet?

For now I will add a little water to see if that helps. I have noticed that in the morning when he gets THK, he eats it slower, probably because it's basically mush. But the kibble, man he inhales it. Seriously. Duke and Louie are definitely the same [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]!! I thought Jax used to eat fast, nothing in comparison to Louie. You would think it was his first or last meal.

Jax used to eat his kibble fast and would sometimes regurgitate it back up. Not so many issues with the raw but every now and then. I notice when I smash the raw down, he has to work a bit more for it and it takes him longer to eat. And Louie takes longer to eat THK so I think the key is to feed mush! Lol.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I feel like they all figure out fairly quickly how to get around the "slow feeding" obstacles. What height is your bowl set? I just got an 8 inch elevated set for my Frenchie and I swear it slows him down a little but he eats raw. I wanted to get a set for Louie too but wasn't sure what height to get. He drinks out of Jax's water bowl and the 8 inches seems to be fine??

I now have a different set. I separated the feed and water dish out. The water dish is lower because Orion is tiny.
2aa98d93cee9824e8e0fc79bde750690.png

f0c792943ccb49f56d5c876c6659b87e.png

b9286509d88a8a71de41a6c5ec6f170f.png

I bought them in 2014 when they were cheaper... and before prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I now have a different set. I separated the feed and water dish out. The water dish is lower because Orion is tiny.
2aa98d93cee9824e8e0fc79bde750690.png

b9286509d88a8a71de41a6c5ec6f170f.png

I bought them in 2014 when they were cheaper... and before prime.

Thank you!! I was thinking of getting just a single one. Right now the stand has two bowls but I keep Louie's water bowl empty because (1) he always goes to Jax's water bowl and (2) he would just spill his water EVERYWHERE because he eats like a maniac. I suppose I only need 1 water bowl for the two of them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Cheryl ... I love your 'wish list'. .... LOL

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
For now I will add a little water to see if that helps. I have noticed that in the morning when he gets THK, he eats it slower, probably because it's basically mush. But the kibble, man he inhales it. Seriously. Duke and Louie are definitely the same [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]!! I thought Jax used to eat fast, nothing in comparison to Louie. You would think it was his first or last mealJax used to eat his kibble fast and would sometimes regurgitate it back up. Not so many issues with the raw but every now and then. I notice when I smash the raw down, he has to work a bit more for it and it takes him longer to eat. And Louie takes longer to eat THK so I think the key is to feed mush! Lol.

His whole body goes into a trans. Like he puffs up wider, neck stiff as a board...he looks like a construction block...mini square block lol

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
It's messy but a cookie sheet, shallow baking pan or pizza pan works. Try feeding him in smaller doses. Put 1/3 of his food in the pan and watch him eat...when done add another 1/3, and so on.
Him peeing, would indicate passing out from lack of oxygen. Symptoms of aspiration would appear within 24 hrs.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
It's messy but a cookie sheet, shallow baking pan or pizza pan works. Try feeding him in smaller doses. Put 1/3 of his food in the pan and watch him eat...when done add another 1/3, and so on.
Him peeing, would indicate passing out from lack of oxygen. Symptoms of aspiration would appear within 24 hrs.

He seems to be fine today, acting normal. Is he in the clear? Peeing from lack of oxygen sounds scary!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I would certainly think he's in the clear.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I wouldn't worry about the aspiration. Every time I feed my bully a duck foot she ends up throwing it up and eating it again. Every night when we go to bed we aspirate while we are sleeping all night long.

IMG-20170324-WA0001.jpg

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
[MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION]... can you explain/////~~~~~ " Every night when we go to bed we aspirate while we are sleeping all night long."

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I wouldn't worry about the aspiration. Every time I feed my bully a duck foot she ends up throwing it up and eating it again. Every night when we go to bed we aspirate while we are sleeping all night long.

View attachment 107987

I normally don't worry about them aspirating when they throw up. But since he was literally choking, I didn't know if it would be different.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
[MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION]... can you explain/////~~~~~ " Every night when we go to bed we aspirate while we are sleeping all night long."

While we are sleeping we are aspirating small amounts of saliva into our lungs but it's not enough to harm us.

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
He is so cute like why do u keep putting that in here I don't like it can't u see lol so funny

Members online

No members online now.