Red Skin Scabs + Rapid Hair Loss HELP NEEDED

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Probiotics don't help with arthritis, neither does coconut oil. Turmeric and glucosamine help with arthritis. If he ever does get bad arthritis you can step up game with more expensive supplements like Movoflex which contains eggshell membrane.

OP
B

bulldogdad34

Jul 23, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
Probiotics don't help with arthritis, neither does coconut oil. Turmeric and glucosamine help with arthritis. If he ever does get bad arthritis you can step up game with more expensive supplements like Movoflex which contains eggshell membrane.

So the Movoflex is more effective than the glucosamine supplement?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So the Movoflex is more effective than the glucosamine supplement?

I can say I see better results with Movoflex than i did with glucosamine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
You can always grind your own eggshells into a powder form.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I was just thinking this as I used to do it a ways back for my Tzus.. I have chickens and used all the egg they gave me :) (they're not laying right now,,, or mabie no more... OLD ladies!) Anyway,, I don't remember what I did.. Dry them out?? bake um? just have no memory on that... your take?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I was just thinking this as I used to do it a ways back for my Tzus.. I have chickens and used all the egg they gave me :) (they're not laying right now,,, or mabie no more... OLD ladies!) Anyway,, I don't remember what I did.. Dry them out?? bake um? just have no memory on that... your take?

You have to wash them like with soapy water n rinse, let them dry and grind into a powder. That's all.

Maybe you chicken are on a break? My friend bought laying chickens and said a few months a year the start loosing feathers n dont lay.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
You have to wash them like with soapy water n rinse, let them dry and grind into a powder. That's all.

Maybe you chicken are on a break? My friend bought laying chickens and said a few months a year the start loosing feathers n dont lay.

big story on these OLD girls of mine, but yes, very likely just on 'that' break. They seem to be going forever and I only bought the one OLD hen because they said she wasn't laying anymore and all I wanted was a companion for my one remaining OLD hen.. They both layed an egg a day and are in molt right now so who knows.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
If you do not see rapid improvement(or it worsens) after treatment begins see your Vet. It looks like a bacterial skin infection to me and prescribed antibiotics may be needed. GL handsome boy!

Cassie

Apr 7, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggs
As mentioned in a later comment make sure you lather the shampoo and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. That is what our vet recommended and what i have read helps prevent the skin from drying out.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
And also shave areas as mentioned earlier so they won't stay wet.

OP
B

bulldogdad34

Jul 23, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba

Hello everyone!

Bubba is now 2 weeks post op from his tie back surgery so I can finally bathe him (couldn't get water in the stitched area prior). I have started today the Shampoo below. How often should I do it? Every day or every other day until it is resolved? Wasn't sure which?

For the ointment below this stuff STINKS. I am gagging at the thought of it all over my bed sheets! Are there any other alternatives to the nustock (maybe a spray) that has same effect (speed up hair growth and help control the wounds from skin infection?

Thank you!!!

Shampoo: Ketohex
Ointment for hot spot: Durvet NuStock

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Hello everyone!

Bubba is now 2 weeks post op from his tie back surgery so I can finally bathe him (couldn't get water in the stitched area prior). I have started today the Shampoo below. How often should I do it? Every day or every other day until it is resolved? Wasn't sure which?

For the ointment below this stuff STINKS. I am gagging at the thought of it all over my bed sheets! Are there any other alternatives to the nustock (maybe a spray) that has same effect (speed up hair growth and help control the wounds from skin infection?

Thank you!!!

Shampoo: Ketohex
Ointment for hot spot: Durvet NuStock

haha,,, I used that stench NuStock once and dread the thought of using again. It's horrid!!! I just used colloidal silver and aloe I think as I couldn't stand that other. Works fabulous but just could only use on a small spot.

OP
B

bulldogdad34

Jul 23, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
haha,,, I used that stench NuStock once and dread the thought of using again. It's horrid!!! I just used colloidal silver and aloe I think as I couldn't stand that other. Works fabulous but just could only use on a small spot.

Is this the one you are talking about? Is has the same effectiveness as nustock?

IMG_6055.PNG

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Is this the one you are talking about? Is has the same effectiveness as nustock?

View attachment 108296

I think that looks great... I make mine but I would surly buy that. I was just reading on how the silver works well with yeast infections so I would give that a shot if your comfortable. I was doing a big 'science' thing on Hank as for which did better on clearing up those spots, but,,,,,,, I used the silver, aloe, (mixed) and the bathing with that shampoo... and I thought he cleared up quite fast compared to others but as I said, I switch up things so it wasn't completely conclusive.

OP
B

bulldogdad34

Jul 23, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
And also shave areas as mentioned earlier so they won't stay wet.

IMG_6054.JPG

I am using the Ketohex shampoo every other day. I have ordered the Collodial Silver spray and will use that every day. As you can see in the picture certain parts of it are pretty nasty. I hope it clears up and the hair can ever grow back :(

Most Reactions