Red Skin Scabs + Rapid Hair Loss HELP NEEDED

bulldogdad34

Jul 23, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
Hello,

My bully has started rapidly developing red scabs in his skin. This is accompanied by hair loss and there are parts of the skin where it is red then the scabs fall off along with the hair and the spots are left with just the actual skin.

I have inserted a few pictures below. I have searched around and my vet is a little stumped.

Does anyone know what specific skin condition disease this is by the description I have provided and the pictures?

I need help to start treating this before it spreads more (it is spreading rapidly now).

I hope I have come to the right place.

Thank you!!

See pictures below:
IMG_5715.JPG

IMG_5717.JPG

IMG_5718.JPG

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I'm sure some answers are coming... Hank and some others here had 'summer' issues and for some it was food, Hank had a low grade staf and I washed him two times a week in malasab shampoo and it went away. Otheres will have stuff for you shortly I'm sure. I also sprayed some with Colloidal silver and that worked too.

OP
B

bulldogdad34

Jul 23, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
I'm sure some answers are coming... Hank and some others here had 'summer' issues and for some it was food, Hank had a low grade staf and I washed him two times a week in malasab shampoo and it went away. Otheres will have stuff for you shortly I'm sure. I also sprayed some with Colloidal silver and that worked too.

Thank you. Hopefully someone has direct diagnoses of this.

Do you have links for the products you used? Hopefully amazon carries them.

I'm worried washing him will knock all this hair right out... 🤔

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you. Hopefully someone has direct diagnoses of this.

Do you have links for the products you used? Hopefully amazon carries them.

I'm worried washing him will knock all this hair right out... ��

Like Jill mentioned, im one of that summer person. Duke had that. Fur from the whole top of his back, cheeks was falling. It DOES grow back. I find probiotics like triped helped him alot, I also bought NuStock and that helps enormously for fur to grow back. Btw it can be puppy stress, low staf..no one will ever know. Its just one of them things.

OP
B

bulldogdad34

Jul 23, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
Like Jill mentioned, im one of that summer person. Duke had that. Fur from the whole top of his back, cheeks was falling. It DOES grow back. I find probiotics like triped helped him alot, I also bought NuStock and that helps enormously for fur to grow back. Btw it can be puppy stress, low staf..no one will ever know. Its just one of them things.

Thank you. Can you provide links to these specific products you have used???

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello,

My bully has started rapidly developing red scabs in his skin. This is accompanied by hair loss and there are parts of the skin where it is red then the scabs fall off along with the hair and the spots are left with just the actual skin.

I have inserted a few pictures below. I have searched around and my vet is a little stumped.

Does anyone know what specific skin condition disease this is by the description I have provided and the pictures?

I need help to start treating this before it spreads more (it is spreading rapidly now).

I hope I have come to the right place.

Thank you!!

See pictures below:
View attachment 107868

View attachment 107869

View attachment 107870

Found your other post.. at 8.5 yrs. i wonder if he is having a reaction to meds from surgery or stress frim it? Follow advice from above on products to help clear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I wonder if it is hot spots? Castor had that last summer. Our vet shaved the affected areas, told us to use TrizCHLOR 4 Shampoo once a day (leave on for ten minutes before rinsing off schampoo). The problems went away after a week or so and the fur grew back.

This is what he looked like when shaved by the vet (same day we discovered the hot spots so they appeared literally over night (pic to the right) and then one week later (pic to the left))

Attachments

• IMG_3224.JPG
    IMG_3224.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_3082.JPG
    IMG_3082.JPG
    512.8 KB · Views: 169

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=17412]bulldogdad34[/MENTION] NuVet will take care of it. Give you baby probiotics in his food,also.

OP
B

bulldogdad34

Jul 23, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
I wonder if it is hot spots? Castor had that last summer. Our vet shaved the affected areas, told us to use TrizCHLOR 4 Shampoo once a day (leave on for ten minutes before rinsing off schampoo). The problems went away after a week or so and the fur grew back.

This is what he looked like when shaved by the vet (same day we discovered the hot spots so they appeared literally over night (pic to the right) and then one week later (pic to the left))

Was your bully's skin this red crust?

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=17412]bulldogdad34[/MENTION] NuVet will take care of it. Give you baby probiotics in his food,also.

What is nuvet? A shampoo?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
B

bulldogdad34

Jul 23, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
Here is what most feed with great results,, no particular order

Raw
The Honest Kitchen
Fromm
Orijen
Acana
Earthborn Holistic
Natures Variety Instinct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Dry food or wet food do you all prefer and see better results?

Most Reactions