Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
We've never been advised to wait (to control an infection) before extracting a bad tooth. However, a canine dentist may advise otherwise. Most, if not all, Vets are trained to extract teeth. I've never heard of anyone(any Vet) filling a canine tooth but I suppose it's not out of the question. That leads me to question the need for a canine dentist, 'cept for issues with the jaw, perhaps.
Canine medicine, however, is becoming more and more specialized. Begs the question, is it more about the quality of care or more about the $...a little of both, maybe? Hmmmmm

I agree, any vet should be able to extract the tooth. My dog just lost her front teeth in a fight with my other dog :(

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=7373]g8erjackie[/MENTION] Have missed you and the kids! How is Ruckus? Any news?

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Hey everyone! Thanks for all the tips, I know I know, I disappeared again, I need to set my notifications for Tapatalk to nudge me daily [emoji23][emoji23] soooo Prince Rukus started acting totally normal, like nothing was wrong, heā€™s eating, drinking, playing with toys, chewing antlers.... we think he grabbed a sharp stick outside and cut the inside of his mouth and that was the issue. Iā€™m still taking him to the specialty doggie dentist I think, since it seems he might have a bad tooth based on the X-rays....but Iā€™m reading and researching because Iā€™m nervous about having him put under for anything, which would have to happen if they cleaned his teeth.

Otherwise, weā€™re good! Ruckus and Regina are loving the fall weather thatā€™s starting to creep in. They can finally take the long walks they love so much. I, however, am not thrilled with the end of flip flop weather. [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.