Urinary infections

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Doing urinalysis while on the urinary diet may be different than if done while on original diet. Tyrosine crystals are rare and I'm not sure if it was an accurate diagnosis, and if so, how to treat it. From what I read, X Ray dye crystals and urate crystals look similar to tyrosine crystals. I would just avoid antihistamines in general if you think they contributed to the problem, since they are only effective about 20% of the time to begin with, which is a rate similar to placebo. I would say the penis is coming out during peeing because he is straining so hard to pee. Is he neutered? If not, that can solve problems with prostate enlargement or cysteinuria if he has that as well.

Dollys Owner,

Tyrosine Crystals is what was found in his urine, his ph level this time was 6.3. He is eating Royal Canin Urinary SO. He does drink a lot of wate r. He was put on this food after first time of urinary infection after taking Benadryl for a month. He did 2 rounds of antibiotics and ate the new food, then had another urinalysis done which showed him clear. The vet then prescribed chlorpheniramine for his allergies, he had been on that a month while still eating the prescription diet food and ended up with another infection. He is now on another antibiotic for 3 wks after that another urinalysis will be done to see if the crystals are gone as well as the infection. I'm now leary of any allergy meds for him due to what has happened each time after 30 days of taking them. My husband found a natural remedy we made to spray on the lawn, hopefully reducing the mold spores that seem to come to surface after it rains which is usually when he'd break out in hives. He is 3 yrs old and this is the first summer this has happened with him breaking out into hives and needing any allergy meds.
The question right now is why he'd be doing a humping motion while peeing after this last catheter placement and flushing??? That didn't happen the first time.

Members online

No members online now.