Histiocytoma

H

heff101

So the other night I noticed a lump near one of Heffs ears. To make a long story short I just got back from the vet and they tell me it is a Histiocytoma.
Vet said to just leave it and it should go away within 6 weeks.
Has anyone else had experience with this?
Thanks

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I've never heard of that before, so I googled it. Interesting!!

Strangely enough some of the pics of it when I did a google image search actually look like the photos that [MENTION=490]reallyrob[/MENTION] just posted in another thread!!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I've never heard of that before, so I googled it. Interesting!!

Strangely enough some of the pics of it when I did a google image search actually look like the photos that [MENTION=490]reallyrob[/MENTION] just posted in another thread!!

I googled it too and looked at the wikipedia article, said bulldogs are prone to them. And I agree, looks like Bertie's bump. Before that I never heard of it. I hope Heff's goes away soon!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow, havent dealt with one yet on Cutty thankfully. Does it seem to hurt him? Well hopefully that IS the same as Bertie has and will go away soon also.

OP
H

heff101

Wow, havent dealt with one yet on Cutty thankfully. Does it seem to hurt him? Well hopefully that IS the same as Bertie has and will go away soon also.
no it does not seem to bother him unless you touch it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have never heard of those either! Keep us posted and let us know if the vet was correct and if it does go away. So don't do anything to it huh? If that is the case I hope [MENTION=490]reallyrob[/MENTION] gets the same diagnosis for Bertie too!

OP
H

heff101

Ok so we finally had Heffs histiocytoma surgically removed. He had it done 3 days ago and all is going good. he has tried to scratch it a few times so we put some Polysporin on it and that seems to stop the itch. I think the itch is more his hair growing back then anything. I refuse to put a stupid cone on him.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Ok so we finally had Heffs histiocytoma surgically removed. He had it done 3 days ago and all is going good. he has tried to scratch it a few times so we put some Polysporin on it and that seems to stop the itch. I think the itch is more his hair growing back then anything. I refuse to put a stupid cone on him.

Glad it all went well :up:

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke

happy to hear all went well! :) big hugs from me and Duke.. he is soooooooooooooooooooooo handsome!! just want to squeeze him! :hug2:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We had a dobie that had 3 of these. During her life, she was very prone to all sorts of lumps and growths..none of them ever turned into anything more serious..and that huge (115 lbs) girl lived to be 15.best wishes to handsome Heff..he is so adorable..

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am so glad to hear that all is well. Heff has the cutest smooshy face :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Very happy it went well! [MENTION=490]reallyrob[/MENTION] how is Berties?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.