Southern AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ally, Hank, Charlotte
Do they know what it is?

Thanks for the update... good to see she is healing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the vet seemed to think it's an aggravation of her allergies (she is on Appoquel). She said she wanted to switch her from the Appoquel to Atopica since that has an anti-inflammatory in it and the Appoquel does not. The prednisone is of course just a temporary medicine to get the initial swelling and inflammation down.
She's scheduled for a recheck on 18 September....

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I would just ask vet to use Cytopoint,a new biologic injection given every 4-6 weeks, as both apoquel and atopica have more side effects. Especially atopica (cyclosporin) which causes immunosupression, kidney damage and swollen bleeding gums.

Well, the vet seemed to think it's an aggravation of her allergies (she is on Appoquel). She said she wanted to switch her from the Appoquel to Atopica since that has an anti-inflammatory in it and the Appoquel does not. The prednisone is of course just a temporary medicine to get the initial swelling and inflammation down.
She's scheduled for a recheck on 18 September....

OP
MrMrsDevilDoc

MrMrsDevilDoc

Jan 30, 2014
Southern AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ally, Hank, Charlotte
I would just ask vet to use Cytopoint,a new biologic injection given every 4-6 weeks, as both apoquel and atopica have more side effects. Especially atopica (cyclosporin) which causes immunosupression, kidney damage and swollen bleeding gums.

The vet did say something about Cytopoint.... she said it's new and she's had wonderful results with it. I believe she chose to put Ally on the Atopica as she'd been on it back in 2012 with no side effects then. Of course they will do blood work regularly to ensure all is well.
Thank you for that information though... it sounds like a wonderful option.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The vet did say something about Cytopoint.... she said it's new and she's had wonderful results with it. I believe she chose to put Ally on the Atopica as she'd been on it back in 2012 with no side effects then. Of course they will do blood work regularly to ensure all is well.
Thank you for that information though... it sounds like a wonderful option.

My guy is on the cytopoint shots... awesome results and no side effects at all

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
My Frenchie is allergic to everything green outside. He was on Apoquel for years with good results. He's now on Cytopoint with great results...huge difference.

OP
MrMrsDevilDoc

MrMrsDevilDoc

Jan 30, 2014
Southern AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ally, Hank, Charlotte
c00b057b81dd0f4a15036a24d05f8508.jpg

So here's Ally's dewclaw at the recheck today. The vet says it looks better, but she isn't happy that it still isn't back to normal. She is recommending removing the dewclaw just because it doesn't seem to be getting completely better. Ally licks it a lot, so I got her a new comfy cone... the vet says to give it a couple of weeks and see if me keeping her from licking it so much improves it. If not, then she's saying to removing it. Just wanted to see what y'all think about this...
Thanks for any input bully friends!
~Anna and Ally

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Removing isn't an issue.. the dew claw serves no purpose-- How old is Ally?
That is more a concern when dealing with surgery

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She turned 9 in May....

I so hope it clears up on its own... keep us posted [emoji1317]

Members online

No members online now.