BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
My Dozer's face has been itching and the hair is falling out in between his folds and it is getting really crusty, even with cleaning several times. I clean them several times a day and always have and he's never had this kind of problem. As a matter of fact, this is all new. I've been giving him allergy medicine like the vet told me to, but it's not getting any better. What do you guys suggest? He is miserable with it. I feel so bad for him.

Ranger777

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ranger
[MENTION=10758]BuddercupKelly[/MENTION] could it be yeast? I use witch hazel wipes for Rangers wrinkles daily. His got like that once but I took him to the vet and they put him on an antibiotic and had me use Chlorhexidine wipes and it cleared up within days. We also started him on a great probiotic which has changed his whole skin and coat! It's been amazing, and that was suggested by a member on here [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] I'm certainly no expert as I've only had my Ranger for a year, so hopefully someone with way more knowledge then me will come along and give you some better advice. Ranger and I wish him well and we hope he gets to feeling better soon!! ��

OP
BuddercupKelly

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I just read that about the witch hazel and think I will start there and some Neosporin. It could be yeast. I'm just not sure. If I can't get it cleared up in a few days we will go back to the vet. Thank you for your advice. It is greatly appreciated.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I just read that about the witch hazel and think I will start there and some Neosporin. It could be yeast. I'm just not sure. If I can't get it cleared up in a few days we will go back to the vet. Thank you for your advice. It is greatly appreciated.

I'd clean with some witch hazel, dry, and apply some Desitin (baby ointment) be sure to only put it in the folds. If it doesn't clear up in a few days, it may be time for stronger meds from vet.

Also, if the areas falling out are scab like could be staph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Also if its itchy athletes foot cream will kill out any kind of fungal infection or maybe some hydracortazone cream may help also

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Could you post a pic of the area?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I would wash the area with a dab of chlorhexidine/ketoconazole shampoo like Malaseb/Ketohex/Curaseb on a wet cosmetic pad, leave on for a few minutes then wash off. Then dry and then apply Neosporin or Nu-Stock ointment after. Do that daily till better

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
BuddercupKelly

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
How is Dozers face doing?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I can't be on here too much or I'd stay all day for weeks at a time. This site is very addicting for me. Dozer's face is doing great! The witch hazel worked great. I still apply it once a day and no problems so far. Thank you for checking on us. We appreciate you!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Post a pic of that beautiful face please!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.