Identify this growth on rear leg?

Steve Armstrong

Feb 23, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hyacinth Bouquet
I am going to the vet tomorrow but wanted to see if the experts here can ID this growth (wart?) on the hind leg of my 7 month old pup. Looks like a crusty growth of some kind, drying and flaking but gross. Any ideas for what it is, cause, and treatment? Thanks.

G3.jpgG1.jpgG2.jpg

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor once had something that looked like that but on his chest. It bled but healed on it's own. We took him to the vet and they were not sure what it was and asked us to come back if it didn't heal as it could then be some kind of tumour. As it went away on it's own we never found out exactly what it was. Good luck at the vet's!

OP
Steve Armstrong

Steve Armstrong

Feb 23, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hyacinth Bouquet
This what the vet said, benign growth that the body eventually rejects and it falls off. Thanks.

Castor once had something that looked like that but on his chest. It bled but healed on it's own. We took him to the vet and they were not sure what it was and asked us to come back if it didn't heal as it could then be some kind of tumour. As it went away on it's own we never found out exactly what it was. Good luck at the vet's!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This what the vet said, benign growth that the body eventually rejects and it falls off. Thanks.

Hysto- something... is that what the vet called it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes I believe so

They do go away on their own and are harmless but I never seen one with hair/fur in it.

Keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.