Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
When I took Punk to the vet in June, I had her x-rayed because I noticed a little hitch in her getalong. The vet showed me the xray of Punk's hip dysplasia - he said that fortunately Punk is so heavily muscled that the muscle is keeping her hips together. I have her on Movoflex right now and it seems to be helping. I have also noticed just this past 2 weeks that in the evening Punk is starting to shiver, like she is cold. I keep the house at 78, so I'm not sure if it is the temp - she is 8 and half years old. When she shivers she has this look on her face that says - help me mom. I go to her and hug her and cover her and after a while it stops. It was only every couple of days, but now it is almost every day, sometimes twice on each weekend day. Does anyone else's old bully shiver? I was wondering if is like when us humans get older and we like the temp to be warmer.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
My guess would be she is shivering because she's in pain. I just went through shaking and trembling with my French Bulldog. It turned out he had a herniated disc in his neck which was putting pressure on his spine causing pain. An X-ray did not show that, he had to have an MRI to find the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Yes, pain. I would take her to the vet.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I agree, it sounds more like she is having pain.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Awwwwa where's the rocking chair when you need one!

Yes for sure a vet visit.

OP
Annie1991

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Thanks everyone! I'll give them a call.

OP
Annie1991

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
The vet believes it is pain as well. I have some leftover rimadyl and give that to her when she shivers. I quarter it and give her one quarter. So far, this seems to help.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The vet believes it is pain as well. I have some leftover rimadyl and give that to her when she shivers. I quarter it and give her one quarter. So far, this seems to help.

My Frenchie shives when in pain too... I hope your baby is doing better.

Look into Movoflex---it is a more natural joint supplement you can but on Amazon . It seems to help Cheli's back issues along with laser treatment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
And also turmeric is a good anti inflammatory as well. Start with about half a teaspoon and work your way up to 2 teaspoons a day. Grind in some pepper, and add some coconut oil to help it get absorbed. Coconut oil is also a good anti inflammatory on its own so work up to 1 tsp per 10 pounds per day. Salmon oil (eg. Grizzly brand) 10 ml per day or Krill oil are also good anti inflammatories.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.