Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
So, I took him in for his limp (which was already gone), those tuffs of hair missing (which were almost all filled in) , his interdigital cysts, and to see if I should put him on some sort of flea thing for the trip.............. well, first remark from 'Mr dr well known bulldog vet' was...... Boy, he's one fit bulldog! :) And of course he only spoke the truth :yes: and then we had to sit there while mr "fit" calmed his roll so his spots, etc could get checked. so verdict was, Yes, low level staff and I'm already doing all the right things (malaseb shampoo) thanks [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] and everyone else who already knew to use this and shared ;) ,,, and, same for cysts as!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are finally going down as I just started frankincense (and fco) on them and wonder of wonder, they all already look better from just starting yesterday!! thank you [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] !! Dr is very interested in outcome so as he can pass it along. So we are going to stick with that, and making sure his underfoot is cleaned out real well as that was most likely the cause of his not wanting to put his foot down.. Nice bath with massage softened foot then ran through the poky sticks. And as far as flees....... ;) he said wonderful job that oil mix is doing as there is absolutely NO sign of a stinken bug anywhere (he did a comb check and body check) ..And said keep up with that, no need for advantage at this time :) He's impressed with my ( thanks to everyone here with ALL the knowledge and amazing input) work with this crazy bulldog of mine. He also, since I was talking so much 'oil' stuff, said that though HE as a vet could not suggest or prescribe the cannabis oil stuff, he has heard great things on that outcome for stuff as well... So, long message here. just getting it out there... So many amazing suggestions here on care of these guys I want to thank you all,,,,,, just wish I could remember who learned me what ;)

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Great news !!! Hankster is so great. Just wondering how much frankincense you are adding to how much fractionated coconut oil ? Are you also giving him the turmeric daily ?

So, I took him in for his limp (which was already gone), those tuffs of hair missing (which were almost all filled in) , his interdigital cysts, and to see if I should put him on some sort of flea thing for the trip.............. well, first remark from 'Mr dr well known bulldog vet' was...... Boy, he's one fit bulldog! :) And of course he only spoke the truth :yes: and then we had to sit there while mr "fit" calmed his roll so his spots, etc could get checked. so verdict was, Yes, low level staff and I'm already doing all the right things (malaseb shampoo) thanks [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] and everyone else who already knew to use this and shared ;) ,,, and, same for cysts as!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are finally going down as I just started frankincense (and fco) on them and wonder of wonder, they all already look better from just starting yesterday!! thank you [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] !! Dr is very interested in outcome so as he can pass it along. So we are going to stick with that, and making sure his underfoot is cleaned out real well as that was most likely the cause of his not wanting to put his foot down.. Nice bath with massage softened foot then ran through the poky sticks. And as far as flees....... ;) he said wonderful job that oil mix is doing as there is absolutely NO sign of a stinken bug anywhere (he did a comb check and body check) ..And said keep up with that, no need for advantage at this time :) He's impressed with my ( thanks to everyone here with ALL the knowledge and amazing input) work with this crazy bulldog of mine. He also, since I was talking so much 'oil' stuff, said that though HE as a vet could not suggest or prescribe the cannabis oil stuff, he has heard great things on that outcome for stuff as well... So, long message here. just getting it out there... So many amazing suggestions here on care of these guys I want to thank you all,,,,,, just wish I could remember who learned me what ;)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Hanks Vet apt today 😊

Great report! The limp was probably just a little strain. So he didn't prescribe an antiobiotic for the staph? I've been cleaning Louie's spots with diluted iodine and bathing with Ketohex shampoo. So maybe I will continue with that for awhile as his spots aren't getting worse.

Thanks for the update and I'm glad all is well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Don't you also use colloidal silver on Hankster?

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
theres so much I AM using and dang it!! forgot to tell him about the silver! and Yes, I am spraying that on the 'spots' and I DO think it's helping! You can still see the spots but could almost not find them to show the doc... and yes on the turmeric ;) I have the one from Mercola but am almost running out and so sluffed a bit.. Not a good idea when your managing 'issues' so going to go grab right now so I don't forget to take on the trip!! THANKS! :( The limp was only from the pads of his foot, so that was good! I think the super foot soak and massage softened up the pad and made it too tender (having cists on that foot :( ) You should see HIS bags packed!!! oh lordy! His dryed foods, some kibble, a freezer back pack thing I got from Costco to carry his meats.. Thank goodness for EasyRaw or there would be more!! His bag of oil mixes,, bug off, freshen up, teeth clean etc etc etc..... ohhhhhhh boy!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Tell your vet there's a patent on my mix! :rolleyes:

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Tell your vet there's a patent on my mix! :rolleyes:

He really wants me to get back to him on the frankincense... and was very pleased with you 'recipe' for bugs/fleas/etc...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Great news !!! Hankster is so great. Just wondering how much frankincense you are adding to how much fractionated coconut oil ? Are you also giving him the turmeric daily ?

You can use 2-3 drops of Frankincense mix either in approximately 1oz unscented lotion or use fractionated CO. Sometimes I use it directly onto skin and no reaction or skin damage. Start with the FCO.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
You can use 2-3 drops of Frankincense mix either in approximately 1oz unscented lotion or use fractionated CO. Sometimes I use it directly onto skin and no reaction or skin damage. Start with the FCO.

I used 5 drops in a small dropper bottle. I used the fco but then i read that jojoba (sp) Oil was also a good oil to push it right down and so I added some of that as well.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I used 5 drops in a small dropper bottle. I used the fco but then i read that jojoba (sp) Oil was also a good oil to push it right down and so I added some of that as well.

Jojoba is great!!!!

Rule of thumb
5 drops of essential oils to 1/2 teaspoon of carrier oil. Now all depends on the issue as you know. Can be more or less.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie

Great job Hank!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Eh... so where is a picture of this handsome healthy boy?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.