advantage multi question

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I have called both of Hanks vets and neither sell this.. AND it seems that you cant get unless you have a vet check so your sure they don't have heartworm. Soooooooooooooooo, is this how it's going for others???

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
And even if your dog has heartworms Advantage Multi = Advocate won't hurt them.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank

thanks,,, and I may or may not do as I only want to buy one dose if that's even feasible. I'm going to go back and revisit some of those posts as I know you mentioned other things to help with those little tuffs of hair loss. I am going to do the curaseb shampoo 2x a week as well, but w/o bothering you again.... I'm going to check if theres other like nxguard??? that may do the trick as well?? I read something, he doesn't have at the time so don't 'commit' to memory the how to get rid of's.. going to go check..

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Yes Nexgard and Bravecto (normally for fleas and ticks ) , OR Advantage Multi (normally for heartworms, fleas and a few other worms) all get rid of mange.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Yes Nexgard and Bravecto (normally for fleas and ticks ) , OR Advantage Multi (normally for heartworms, fleas and a few other worms) all get rid of mange.

welllll ,,,, whats your thoughts on Nexguard??? they do have that....

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Also you can try the Nustock- it's like a sulfa antibiotic

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Nexgard supposed to be good and quite safe. But if your dog doesn't get exposed to ticks at all you may be better off using the Advantage Multi for worms and fleas and mange and you will only need one product. If you use Nexgard you will need a second product for heartworm and possibly other worms.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Also you can try the Nustock- it's like a sulfa antibiotic

Ha! just put some on him lol only it STINKS! so,,,, I put those on some spots I could see better and then sprayed silver on others... dang stuff still smells on my finger of which I forgot to use a glove on :(

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
and.... which would be easier or less harmfull to Hank... Bravecto or nxguard?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Make sure to keep Hank away from furniture until NuStock dries-will stain. Nexgard is safer since it's out of system in a month.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Make sure to keep Hank away from furniture until NuStock dries-will stain. Nexgard is safer since it's out of system in a month.

Thanks on the 'keep hank away from furniture' ;) also, one more on the advantage multi....... I cant seem to be able to get in time sooooooooooooo, I can get even a single dose of Advantix II which from what I read would do the deed as well????

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Advantix II is a topical product for fleas and ticks, not for mange or heartworm, so wouldn't work for Hank's spots as far as I know.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Advantix II is a topical product for fleas and ticks, not for mange or heartworm, so wouldn't work for Hank's spots as far as I know.

thanks, and though I'm not worried about the landing of critters on him so much,,, it did say for mites and lice and isn't the mange thing a mite issue..... that seems gross but????????????

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Mange is mites, but the product insert for K9 Advantix II doesn't mention mites.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.