Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I know this has been going around the forum a lot lately but I just noticed Louie seems to have a couple of spots on his back of missing fur and a little scab underneath. I have medicated shampoo so I can give him a bath later. He usually gets krill oil once a day. Should I add in coconut oil as well? We might go visit one of his breeders later today so I'll show her as well. It sounds like with most people here, it isn't mange and seems to be happening a lot. Anyone figure out what it is? It looks like I'm other threads, Advantage Multi is recommended but he's already on Sentinel Spectrum which covers fleas, heartworms, tapeworms, whipworms, roundworms and hookworms which sounds like the same thing. Here a couple pictures, not the best because he wouldn't sit still.

1459e3763952a76c334dab0c45291c5b.jpg

f02b8a93227cda564d957e19110022b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Low level staph usually but at his age... id rule out mange with a scrape

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Low level staph usually but at his age... id rule out mange with a scrape

How do you treat low level staph?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How do you treat low level staph?

Can be antibiotics or medicated shampoos... I think Dollys owner had suggestions on it.

But my guy that had it we did antibiotics for two weeks

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
same same... I was hoping we were clear this season but we got that here too!!! what the heck? !!! the rest of him feels GREAT!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Can be antibiotics or medicated shampoos... I think Dollys owner had suggestions on it.

But my guy that had it we did antibiotics for two weeks

same same... I was hoping we were clear this season but we got that here too!!! what the heck? !!! the rest of him feels GREAT!

I have medicated shampoo so I'll bathe him in a bit. I cleaned it with some diluted iodine. I'll also rub some coconut oil on it after his bath.

What causes it? It's Emma like there are a lot of dogs on here going through it.
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] I know Duke had this too. How is he doing?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
doing medicated now,,, going to do twice a week... they dont itch or anything... think i'll spray some silver on a few and see if they go away faster than the others..

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
so *IF* i wanted to purchase the Advantage Multi, where would i purchase? can i do online or is that a bad idea. Seems like @hellsonwheels said something about not buying from pet stores? Am i remembering wrong?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have medicated shampoo so I'll bathe him in a bit. I cleaned it with some diluted iodine. I'll also rub some coconut oil on it after his bath.

What causes it? It's Emma like there are a lot of dogs on here going through it.
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] I know Duke had this too. How is he doing?

Weakened immune system.... my guy was from all the allergies which weakens immune Lambeau started getting it... so i give him raw goats milk each day--- all gone and hasn't returned

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Weakened immune system.... my guy was from all the allergies which weakens immune Lambeau started getting it... so i give him raw goats milk each day--- all gone and hasn't returned

I have gotton the "answers" goats milk in the past... how much do you give.. i gave to cat and my little tzu... never Hank... big boy Hank

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
doing medicated now,,, going to do twice a week... they dont itch or anything... think i'll spray some silver on a few and see if they go away faster than the others..

Let me know how the silver works.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have gotton the "answers" goats milk in the past... how much do you give.. i gave to cat and my little tzu... never Hank... big boy Hank

Lambeau gets 1/2 a day

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
so *IF* i wanted to purchase the Advantage Multi, where would i purchase? can i do online or is that a bad idea. Seems like @hellsonwheels said something about not buying from pet stores? Am i remembering wrong?

I have to get it through the vet as the ones online comes from US and its going to get block at custom. It's a Canadian issue when you order any meds online. They will block you. Goes for a lot of vitamins too.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Duke doesn't itch either. Let me know about the silver if it works plz
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] he's still a royal pain the the royal a*s. So I guess he's normal. Loll
It doesn't bother him. Bothers more "me"
Nothing raw here as Canada again hasan issue with raw, Quebec you still can geta lot of place raw stuff. Canada turns a blind eye as we say when it come to things like that as Quebec will take them on. Probably explains my hard head. Lolll Raw is the best thing on the planet!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Just got back from a visit with the breeder. Louie had a blast playing with his old buddies...he is now passed out. But I showed her the spots and she said staph. So I guess the question is do I want to get rid of it fast and go the medication route or do I want to try and treat it myself.

Would Nustock help in this situation? It seems to be recommended a lot for skin issues.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.