Another puppy with bald spots

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I don't think it's legal to sell unpasteurized milk in Canada- you'd have to go to farm directly.
Sentinel Spectrum won't cover mange, have to use either Advantage Multi,Revolution, Bravecto, Nexgard or Simparica .

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
To treat staph you can wash with chlorhexidine and apply mupirocin or fucidin cream or ointment, if you want to go pharmaceutical route. Nustock is basically a sulfur antibiotic so that's good too. You can also try silver - colloidal silver solution or equisilver spray. Or Vetricyn spray or Banix spray- not sure how these two compare to the previous.

I'm thinking of making my own colloidal silver for fun- 2 or 3 X 9 volt batteries, mason jar, some wires with alligator clips on both ends, 2 x 1 oz 0.999 silver bars, and an aquarium pump with air tubing and an air stone to stir it. (Apparently the silver wires that you buy on Amazon or Ebay are made in China and not necessarily pure)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Just got back from a visit with the breeder. Louie had a blast playing with his old buddies...he is now passed out. But I showed her the spots and she said staph. So I guess the question is do I want to get rid of it fast and go the medication route or do I want to try and treat it myself.

Would Nustock help in this situation? It seems to be recommended a lot for skin issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get NuStock and Dolly Owner is right your Sentinel Spectrum will not cover it. Im not going the antibiotic way unless its extremely necessary but that's me. I ordered NuStock a week ago. Still waiting. I swear it's like pony express living in Alberta.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Get NuStock and Dolly Owner is right your Sentinel Spectrum will not cover it. Im not going the antibiotic way unless its extremely necessary but that's me. I ordered NuStock a week ago. Still waiting. I swear it's like pony express living in Alberta.

So normally I would try to treat myself but I'm back at the ER with Jax...he's not doing well. So depending on what happens with him, I might go the antibiotic route just because it's the easiest and I may not have the time to do all the bathing, ointments, etc. Once I know the deal with Jax, I can decide how to treat Louie.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
To treat staph you can wash with chlorhexidine and apply mupirocin or fucidin cream or ointment, if you want to go pharmaceutical route. Nustock is basically a sulfur antibiotic so that's good too. You can also try silver - colloidal silver solution or equisilver spray. Or Vetricyn spray or Banix spray- not sure how these two compare to the previous.

I'm thinking of making my own colloidal silver for fun- 2 or 3 X 9 volt batteries, mason jar, some wires with alligator clips on both ends, 2 x 1 oz 0.999 silver bars, and an aquarium pump with air tubing and an air stone to stir it. (Apparently the silver wires that you buy on Amazon or Ebay are made in China and not necessarily pure)

Did you look at the ones from 'life force' ? I havnt replaced mine yet but i remember 'thinking' those weee ok

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So normally I would try to treat myself but I'm back at the ER with Jax...he's not doing well. So depending on what happens with him, I might go the antibiotic route just because it's the easiest and I may not have the time to do all the bathing, ointments, etc. Once I know the deal with Jax, I can decide how to treat Louie. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You in ER now??????

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
You in ER now??????

Yup...waiting. If they tell me again nothing is wrong, there is going to be a problem.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Thanks, those do look good. https://www.amazon.com/LifeForce-Colloidal-Silver-Generator-Wires/dp/B007H3TJFK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 But since those are more available in US it's easier for me to just go to a coin dealer or silver/gold exchange and get a pair of .999 silver coins or bars.

Have you tried making a 5 gallon jug of colloidal silver and using for cleaning

Did you look at the ones from 'life force' ? I havnt replaced mine yet but i remember 'thinking' those weee ok

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Yup...waiting. If they tell me again nothing is wrong, there is going to be a problem.

Oh gosh, what happened?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thanks, those do look good. https://www.amazon.com/LifeForce-Colloidal-Silver-Generator-Wires/dp/B007H3TJFK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 But since those are more available in US it's easier for me to just go to a coin dealer or silver/gold exchange and get a pair of .999 silver coins or bars.

I haven't made in real large quantities, but I do make the large mason jar's worth and put some in spray container for sink etc, and my dark bottles for hank and me... This is more info not needed really but............ on Mondays I work with (or dance with ;) ) a great group of adults with disabilities... I 'again' came home with pink eye that was raging red the next morning!!!! Started dropping my 10ppm's in my eyes and 3 days later,,, all better :)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank

. I dont know Will show up very good but it's just a little bit of information that you might like IMG_2511.JPG ps,,, don't mind my scribbles... I just do the 10ppm as I use for everything that way...

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I have to get it through the vet as the ones online comes from US and its going to get block at custom. It's a Canadian issue when you order any meds online. They will block you. Goes for a lot of vitamins too.

I'm 'thinking' of going the Advantage multi route as well. Going to call and check with vet tomorrow... As I only want to get rid of those spots b4 they get hold, can I just do this one month? or do you have to do a couple consecutively... I'm also wondering as I just last week de wormed so now wondering if this is too much for the guy? What I gave was "triple wormer".... Prasiquantel and pyrantel parmoate ...

Members online

No members online now.