Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Juxt replied to your other thread. What's wrong now??? How's little Jax??????

Went to regular vet on Thursday, he knew right away he was in pain. Thinks it might be in the neck. He prescribed an anti inflammatory and Tramadol and said if he was the same or worse by Monday, we'd go to next step. I felt comfortable with everything we discussed. Fast forward to midnight today, he's been in pain throughout the day with yelping and not doing good. I can't wait until Monday. I can't let him be in this much pain. They need to figure out what's wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Went to regular vet on Thursday, he knew right away he was in pain. Thinks it might be in the neck. He prescribed an anti inflammatory and Tramadol and said if he was the same or worse by Monday, we'd go to next step. I felt comfortable with everything we discussed. Fast forward to midnight today, he's been in pain throughout the day with yelping and not doing good. I can't wait until Monday. I can't let him be in this much pain. They need to figure out what's wrong. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor little Jax. Sending positive vibes your way...you got this Jax!!! :pray2:

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
They kept him overnight [emoji20]

I miss him so much and just hope everything will be okay. I want my best friend home and well [emoji22][emoji22]

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
They kept him overnight [emoji20]

I miss him so much and just hope everything will be okay. I want my best friend home and well [emoji22][emoji22]

I'm SO sorry to hear this... did they do an x-ray on his neck? Didn't you say in another thread that he had been playing w/his siblings yesterday... please keep us posted!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] Read through this thread, and am so very sorry to find out that your little Jax is having so much pain. I am sending many prayers for him(and you) that they will discover the cause of his pain, and can solve it. I know how terrifying it is when they are in pain, and you can't help,or don't know the cause. Prayer for Jax,that they will find the cause,and it is something that can be "fixed". :pray::pray:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
He's got this! Positive thinking....positive thinking!!!! :yes:

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Blood work is normal, X-ray showed dried discs but nothing else. He had an MRI this morning and he has a herniated disc in his neck. The doctor said it was enough to cause moderate pressure in his spine. She said we could try just medication and rest and give it time to heal but it would still be there and eventually cause pain again. So I opted for surgery and he'll have that tomorrow. If all goes well, he'll be home on Wednesday. She also said there was nothing I could have done to prevent it.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Blood work is normal, X-ray showed dried discs but nothing else. He had an MRI this morning and he has a herniated disc in his neck. The doctor said it was enough to cause moderate pressure in his spine. She said we could try just medication and rest and give it time to heal but it would still be there and eventually cause pain again. So I opted for surgery and he'll have that tomorrow. If all goes well, he'll be home on Wednesday. She also said there was nothing I could have done to prevent it.

I've been sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear. Oh boy..... You are going to feel so much better (I hope) having it done to fix your boy...I'm so sorry your having to go through it, but so glad your able to all the same. Prayers and more Prayers for a good sleep, rest, and 'helping' hands on the doctor tomorrow....

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I've been sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear. Oh boy..... You are going to feel so much better (I hope) having it done to fix your boy...I'm so sorry your having to go through it, but so glad your able to all the same. Prayers and more Prayers for a good sleep, rest, and 'helping' hands on the doctor tomorrow....

The neurologist said Jax has his own little fan club over there and everyone is taking good care of him and giving him love. It definitely feels weird not having him at home. But I know this is for the best and he will feel so much better after he's recovered.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The neurologist said Jax has his own little fan club over there and everyone is taking good care of him and giving him love. It definitely feels weird not having him at home. But I know this is for the best and he will feel so much better after he's recovered.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:2thumbs:

Members online

No members online now.