Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I just bought some salmon oil for the dogs. Tell me, how do you do it? I put the recommended amount on their food, and they have gobbled it all up, but my house STINKS! My husband will have a fit when he comes home if it still smells this way! Those of you to give this...how do you do it? I'm about ready to start making them eat it outside. Maybe on a piece of bread? :down::down::down::down::down::down::down::eek::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We don't like the smell either. Plus HRH's itching seemed worse after salmon oil. She seems to be doing well on coconut, but Bruce doesn't like the smell of it either. Although the coconut doesn't linger. So it's not a problem.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We don't like the smell of the salmon oil we got either. Plus HRH's itching seemed worse after salmon oil. She seems to be doing well on coconut, but Bruce doesn't like the smell of it either. Although the coconut doesn't linger. So it's not a problem.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]. Do you just feed the coconut oil like you would fish oil? I didn't know that was an option! I LOVE the smell of coconut, so that's a nice option.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION] We got the coconut oil in the vitamin section at WalMart and expected it to be capsules. But it's a VERY thick almost waxy paste. We just mix a spoonful with her breakfast. She also gets a spoonful of yogurt and a couple cranberry capsules in her breakfast. Dinner is just a cup of food.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I got the Life Line brand. I had my choice between that and the Grizzly brand. The person told me that the difference between the two would be compared to fresh squeezed juice vs juice from frozen concentrate. Life Line being the fresh squeezed juice.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We get the grizzly salmon oil .... no smell at all!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I may have to take it back and exchange it. The smell is horrific.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Did they get salmon breath too? Stig does whenever he gets a capsule full.

lola143

Mar 22, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I actually give my bullie fish oil capsules 1000 mg that I bought at walmart. There is not much of odor and she loves them... Good luck :bully:

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]
So I took it back to the store and the guy removed the lid and saw the safety seal missing. He asked me "what? they didn't like it?" I told him..they loved it. But the smell made everyone else sick to their stomach. Plus..the smell was staying on their breath. I asked the guy if he had the Grizzly brand cause I heard that it didn't smell. He laughed at me. Laughed! He said "salmon oil is salmon oil". I left. I don't think I will ever go back.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]

I wouldn't buy from there again either! Our Grizzly salmon oil has never smelt. Try Carolina Pet Pantry or www.betterhealthinternational to see who has the cheapest deal going. Generally Better Health is cheaper, but [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] says that CPP often has deals on that can bring the price below betterhealth. Can't say anything about CPP because never ordered from them, but betterhealth is very quick at delivery.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online