Nose Rope

lola143

Mar 22, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Hi ALL.

I have a 2 1/2 year old female named Lola. She repeatedly gets ear infections, irritation/dermatitis of her nose rope, paws and tail. The ears are under control. It’s not a food allergy she has seasona0l allergies. Basically I'm trying to figure out what to do with her nose rope. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can try that can alleviate her irritability. My problem is that she goes nuts when I go to clean it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
My Bertie doesn't like it either...I use Stridex pads on her once or twice a month and it really has made a difference. I really don't mess with her face wrinkles any more than that. She doesn't seem to need it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My Molly gets dermititis under her nose rope quite often, she is the only one! But I found what works best is panalog ointment from the vet if it flares up. Otherwise I just use ear/skin cleaning solution from the vet. But I would ask your vet for some panalog for sure! :up:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Not much help here, my boys is ok for the most part. We just clean with baby wipes and mal-a-ket wipes every so often but if your baby doesn't like to be cleaned you can bet those wipes wouldn't go over well. Cutty has never minded being cleaned but boy he HATES those wipes. Welcome by the way, we love pics and stories so please share. :)

OP
L

lola143

Mar 22, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Hi. Thanks I've tried the Stridex pads before but again she's not a fan. Do you use them more for a preventative measure. Once she has an outbreak its hard for me to get next to her face. She puts up a fuss but eventually I can clean and medicate the area. :bully:

OP
L

lola143

Mar 22, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
HI. Thanks for the tips. My vet gives us Monetamax for ear infections and said we could use that for her folds when they are infected. He gave us an earwash as well, I read on online that you can use the ear wash to clean out the area then put the oinment. Is this what you do? Thanks again for the help.

OP
L

lola143

Mar 22, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Thanks she doesn't mind being cleaned but when her skin is irritated thats a different story. :lol:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
HI. Thanks for the tips. My vet gives us Monetamax for ear infections and said we could use that for her folds when they are infected. He gave us an earwash as well, I read on online that you can use the ear wash to clean out the area then put the oinment. Is this what you do? Thanks again for the help.

Yes you can use the ear wash too. It will work similar to using cider vinegar and water, I would clean it really good with that first to remove the access gunk, then follow up with the ointment. If the Monetamax does not do it, then maybe try the panalog (or equivelent) but if the Monetamax was prescribed for yeast or fungus in the ear it should work. :up:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], WHAAAT??? I can use Vegas's Rx Ear cleaner from the vet to wash his facial wrinkles?? I never thought about that. I thought it was to just loosen up the wax. It will help with his sour smelling (due to seasonal allergies-our darn grapefruit tree that is blooming in the back yard, no yeast) face? Even though it is from the vet it smells like cucumber/melon and when I clean his ears about every 8 days he smells so good from it. I normally use his Rx body shampoo it is an anti-fungal-yeast shampoo, very diluted in a washcloth, then take a plain wet wash cloth and rinse, then a dry wash cloth and dry. and yes I do this every night. He hates it and so do I.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes you certainly can [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]! I use it on my mr. wrinkly face Tidus all the time. I am trying a new one that is called malecetic ear and face cleanser from the new vet I am seeing.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I use the Stridex as a preventive measure on her wrinkles. If they get inflamed, then I use an over the counter burn creme on them.

OP
L

lola143

Mar 22, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Yes by using the earwash it actually cleared it up within 4 days. I saw results within the first 24 hrs. I think it did a great job.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good news [MENTION=2078]lola143[/MENTION]! Very happy for you and Lola!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.