Hives

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] here's an update. Woke up and his body had more hives. Nowhere on his face, neck or under his belly. I gave him another nice bath outside with the hose which he's not too thrill but took it lol. Hives seems to have gone. Used natural lavender soap which i always used on both pups but added acv and gave him a benadryl. Im washing all his blankets n covers and rinsing in vinegar. His food is still Acana but not puppy flavour. I know he has no issue with chicken, beef and duck was introduced for 2weeks and seems he was ok too. But now he has a little swollen gland in corner of his eye. He basically eats like Nyala but introducing him slowly to new flavours so i can keep track. Famous million dollar question... why did he get hives? aaaah most of the time we will never know. He's still wet on the photos. And some are yesterday's photo with hives.
1dabf47085b32d5d17048ec2d337cf02.jpg
9ef90835048a1d5b359e4929d9f36d60.jpg
e9eeda07846d7c13c1fd39b9357922ad.jpg
6a4aadc35e16335f15606f65dd445759.jpg
139728f96c6d1f5837ce055aa85b70db.jpg
83976b7cd05fc3f1e2aa5cbd9a151abb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Did he get into anything he shouldn't have? Maybe while he was outside?

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Did he get into anything he shouldn't have? Maybe while he was outside?

Update the hives came back but just a few. Also notice when he walks I see between his shoulder blades a little bit of missing fur. Size of a pea.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
That is so crazy... do you think he got stung by something yesterday?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
ok,,,, I'd swear this is something seasonal, but what I have no idea... Hank did that last year and attributed it to puppy zits as he was in his pool constantly then would lay on the cement... a few times he was laying in ant piles (just regular not red or fire or anything) and he got those pea sized hair losses as well.. Welllllllllllllll then I read someones (sorry don't remember whos) post here just the other day with their dog doing nearly the same thing, and walla!!!!!!!!!!!!! two days later,,, pea sized hair losses on mine again... I got the curaseb and washed that day, and going to again today as it did seem to calm it.. His regular bath did not. Anyway, these stinkers just keep us on our toes don't they!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Its either a reaction to something he ate, or a bug bite. Poor baby.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I put him back to his original food before I got him. Still Acana but Cob chicken. Will start over and will introduce one protein per month like I did with Nyala. I know he can eat turkey. Scratch the list off one by one. Only bugs I can see is ants. Tucked in the eye so that's in now. Probably eye got stressed cause of the hives as a real cherry eye is very red. Will give him a couple days see where he stands. Poor little fart.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I put him back to his original food before I got him. Still Acana but Cob chicken. Will start over and will introduce one protein per month like I did with Nyala. I know he can eat turkey. Scratch the list off one by one. Only bugs I can see is ants. Tucked in the eye so that's in now. Probably eye got stressed cause of the hives as a real cherry eye is very red. Will give him a couple days see where he stands. Poor little fart.

Food issues can happen at any time so that's a good idea to start over with one protein a month and see what happens.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Little stinker... how old is he now?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Poor guy ! Normally allergic reactions need to be treated by more than just a day of antihistamine. I would continue the antihistamines at least a week. If you find giving the benadryl a pain, just switch the little fellow to 0.5 mg/pound cetirizine (reactine) once daily, much easier. I get the cetirizine from Costco for under 20.00 for 100 tablets.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor guy ! Normally allergic reactions need to be treated by more than just a day of antihistamine. I would continue the antihistamines at least a week. If you find giving the benadryl a pain, just switch the little fellow to 0.5 mg/pound cetirizine (reactine) once daily, much easier. I get the cetirizine from Costco for under 20.00 for 100 tablets.

Duke eats anything n everything like a human vacuum. He has absolutely no clue what he's eating. So long it went in. A d Nyala is the slow poke. Day n night. He's much better. Notice he has a few scabs on the head but thats from his scratching. He barely scratches now.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.