Reggie ate something he shouldn't have.....AGAIN!!

OP
R

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] Yes, he's better! Not 100%, he still has his moments but then he still has testosterone for a little while yet.
He still hates being told off, and he was quite snappy when his eye was bad, just before the ulcer operation - but then he must have been in quite a lot of pain bless him.
Still a work in progress ;)

Kev thinks he felt a zip in this evenings poop! And no green :D

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] Yes, he's better! Not 100%, he still has his moments but then he still has testosterone for a little while yet.
He still hates being told off, and he was quite snappy when his eye was bad, just before the ulcer operation - but then he must have been in quite a lot of pain bless him.

Oh Reggie - you and your adventures!! So glad to hear you passing this, and bless Kevin for checking that Hulk poop...

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@Manydogs Yes, he's better! Not 100%, he still has his moments but then he still has testosterone for a little while yet.

GOOD... and I was cracking up about the Hulk's poop... Lol :rofl:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Happy to hear that the little green hornet is doing better,and is pooping well! [MENTION=16691]Reggies Parents[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Still no sign of the zip yet, but we had another green poop this afternoon.
I've always been a believer in picking up after your dog - I mean, don't get one if your not gonna take responsibility..........but I was tempted to leave this one there for a while, just to see the confusion on peoples faces! It looked like Hulks poop :rofl:

:laugh: :ROFL: hulk poo .... LOL

Hope it all comes out and he is feeling good

OP
R

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
So far so good! Pretty sure its all come out.
Poops are getting softer though, but I think its unrelated - I think we have to get him tested for campylobacter again :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So far so good! Pretty sure its all come out.
Poops are getting softer though, but I think its unrelated - I think we have to get him tested for campylobacter again :(

Damn... i hope he doesn't have it ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
Ok, so almost 2 weeks on from Reggie eating his bed.....

When I got up this morning he had vomited in his crate, and was in the process of eating it...ewwww.
We cleaned everything up, and just outside the crate we found a chunk of something. It was about 1 & a half inches long, and on inspection turned out to be a ball of stuffing and threads from his bed!

I called the vet and she is happy for us to see how he is, and bring him in if needed. He is eating, drinking and pooping fine, and has not thrown up again.
Vet said these are all good signs that there is not a blockage, but if anything changes we'll take him in immediately for an xray.

I really didn't think there could be anything left in him after the hulk poops!!!

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Hi Em, so sorry for your naughty piglet! Hope he will poop it eventually!
Btw, guys, did anybody ever give their dogs chia seeds? They make such a nice jelly, and full of fibre! I just thought today when I drank my chia seeds, what if we give it to our dogs? I wonder if it could make it easier for Mr.Reggie to push that zipper down and poop it out?

OP
R

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
He vomited again this morning :( Same as yesterday, only once and he seems ok. He had already eaten all of it by the time I got in there, so I don't know if any pieces of anything were in there.

From all my research today Reggie has all the symptoms of small bowel (intestine) diarreah - which is usually either parasites, bacteria or a blockage.
Parasites - possible because with both his ops and skin infection, we haven't been able to worm him as often as normal
Bacteria - definitely possible, it could be another recurrence of the dreaded campylobacter
Blockage - possible, after he ate another bed. Thats 4 since we've had him. He did poop a lot out, but unless you've watched them eat something you have no way of knowing just how much they ate.

Vets appointment booked for Friday, and we've put him on bland food - which only makes him hungrier and more determined to eat stuff he shouldn't! [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] From your wifes experience with campy, were there any relapses?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] From your wifes experience with campy, were there any relapses?
She did not have a recurrence.
If he's eating beds then get him a sturdier bed...perhaps a Kuranda Bed will hold up. I've had one for 7 years and another one for 4 years and while they are both faded a little they are still holding up quite well.
I'm not sure if they are available in the UK, hope so.
https://kuranda.com/dog-beds/standard-dog-bed?recommendation=79

OP
R

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] Thanks! Have just googled it, they are available over here but BOY are they expensive! Although if he continues to eat more reasonable priced beds, than it will work out in the long run. 7 years is very impressive!

Pugaboo

Apr 6, 2017
Georgia
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Josephine
I've had Pugs for years and now Josie the EB. They will all eat ANYTHING.
For the times I know they've eaten something they shouldn't I keep puréed pumpkin, flaxseed and brown rice cooked in chicken broth on hand. I boil up a chicken and they go on a diet of that until everything moves through.

The pumpkin give fiber, the flaxseed makes it slippery, and the rice adds more fiber and also pads whatever it is I am hoping to move along. The chicken is to make it tasty.

It's worked so far but every time they eat something I worry and do the poop check. Oh for poop check best way to check is a paper plate an drew plastic fork. You can check for even the smallest pieces without having to touch anything. Yes it's gross but that's just part of being a doggy Mom.

T

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.