Reggie ate something he shouldn't have.....AGAIN!!

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
Hey everyone, need help again!

I left for work at midday, put Reggie in his crate as Kev wasn't due home until 1pm ish. Reggie was asleep in the hallway so when I put him in his crate he was tired, and laid down to sleep straight away.

Got a phone call from Kev at 1.10pm - Reggie was in the middle of SHREDDING his bed when Kev walked in.
Stuffing and ripped pieces of nylon cover everywhere :(
When Kev tried to gather all the pieces up, there is nowhere near as much as there should be, and there is NO sign of the zip anywhere - so Reggie has obviously eaten the zip, some cover and some stuffing - but we have no idea how much!

Advice from the vet is to keep a close eye on him and if he starts vomiting OR stops eating OR stops pooping then take him in straight away.

Is there anything else we can do? Anything I can give him to help things pass through? Will put pumpkin on his afternoon food.

Thanks in advance x

EDIT - the stuffing is made of nylon fibre :(

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh dear... great advice from the vet, you would NOT want to make him vomit that up and cause more damage to his intestines. My Willow ate a sanitary pad while we on vacation last year :facepalm2: the vet advised us to give her wet food (canned) and keep an eye on her. She pooped a lot of the cotton out, and was of course fine. I have seen pics of dogs pooping everything under the sun, so he may very well poop us the zipper. Good luck and keep us posted!

OP
R

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
[MENTION=14682]Corine Pesantes[/MENTION] Me too! Back to poop squishing duties for me :(
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Why do they do it!! It can't taste nice, surely! Glad Willow got it all out:)
We don't have any canned food, but I'm gonna thoroughly soak his kibble & add pumpkin (if I have it, will boil & mash some sweet potato if not).

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@Corine Pesantes Me too! Back to poop squishing duties for me :(
@ddnene Why do they do it!! It can't taste nice, surely! Glad Willow got it all out:)
We don't have any canned food, but I'm gonna thoroughly soak his kibble & add pumpkin (if I have it, will boil & mash some sweet potato if not).

I wish I knew... I have to watch Willow like a hawk, Walter only wants to eat food... Lol

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I think the softer parts should move through easily and exit, lol. The only thing I wonder about is the zipper. Was it just the zipper pull, or like the entire zipper?

OP
R

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] Just the zipper pull I think, maybe a small part of the zipper. Its soooooo shredded its hard to tell!
Reggie woke us up at 4.30am, needing to go outside for what turned out to be a rather large, green fibre filled poop. No zip yet, but I'm hopeful that its passing through.
God I hate squishing poop :(

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Wishing Reggie a speedy recovery and hoping you can zip in and zip out of the poop squishing soon! These bullies certainly know how to keep us on our toes! Good luck, thinking positive thoughts for you guys

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Any news on Reggie?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yes, hoping to hear some GOOD zippin news!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@TyTysmom Just the zipper pull I think, maybe a small part of the zipper. Its soooooo shredded its hard to tell!
Reggie woke us up at 4.30am, needing to go outside for what turned out to be a rather large, green fibre filled poop. No zip yet, but I'm hopeful that its passing through.
God I hate squishing poop :(

Well this is good news, at least its making its way out! Oh that Reggie, never a dull moment.

OP
R

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
Still no sign of the zip yet, but we had another green poop this afternoon.
I've always been a believer in picking up after your dog - I mean, don't get one if your not gonna take responsibility..........but I was tempted to leave this one there for a while, just to see the confusion on peoples faces! It looked like Hulks poop :rofl:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:laugh::laugh:The Hulk's poop! I'd hate to have to pic up THAT pile!! That's a MEAN green!! It's good to hear that he is pooping-no matter the color(except red!)
Other than eating his bed-how has his behavior been? Any calmer? [MENTION=879]Reggie[/MENTION]sParents

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Still no sign of the zip yet, but we had another green poop this afternoon.
I've always been a believer in picking up after your dog - I mean, don't get one if your not gonna take responsibility..........but I was tempted to leave this one there for a while, just to see the confusion on peoples faces! It looked like Hulks poop :rofl:

just bring a chair and film the looks... lol wonder how that would go over on a 'reality' show.... teehee

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online