Bertie has to go to the vet Friday! Look at these pics of problem!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow I have never seen that before. Does it look like a pimple? Once molly got a growth on her tummy and it looked like another nipple! It popped sortof itself, and slowly went down. I just kept cleaning it. Then once it got small there was a tiny piece of hard plastic inside. About 3mm in size. So it was a foreign object that worked it's way to the surface!!

IMG_4488.jpg

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Wow I have never seen that before. Does it look like a pimple? Once molly got a growth on her tummy and it looked like another nipple! It popped sortof itself, and slowly went down. I just kept cleaning it. Then once it got small there was a tiny piece of hard plastic inside. About 3mm in size. So it was a foreign object that worked it's way to the surface!!

IMG_4488.jpg

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] ... isn't it amazing what the body can do. I used to be in finance and I had a dealer working for me who decided to get the top of her ear pierced. Day by day we sat there and watched how her ear slowly repelled the stud, and it gradually worked itself closer and closer to the edge of her ear until one day it just fell out ............... can anybody say W-I-E-R-D !!!

OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Well, Bertie and I just got back from the Vet. She has a Histiocytoma...very common in young dogs. The vet took a sample and had it tested and it is benign. They injected it, and said if it wasn't gone in a month and a half to come back and they would remove it. They said more then likely it would disappear on its own.
I am so relieved that it wasn't anything more serious. Bertie has become such a big part of my life and I can't imagine coming home and her not being there!

OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh I was so happy too! Last night, I just kept thinking of the worst things the vet could tell me and I really was getting myself depressed about it.

OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
I also forgot to add that in the past week, Bertie has gotten two spots, one on each side of her body, where her hair looks kind of grayish and the texture has gotten wirey. The vet looked at it and said that it wasn't an infection or anything...said it looks like it is her time of year for this to happen and that it will go back to normal in a month or so. He said that it is not uncommon in English Bullies for this to happen, but that it doesn't happen to most bullies...said probably 1 in 50 will have this happen to their hair on a yearly basis. Something new I learned today!

Last edited:

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
So relieved it wasn't anything serious...And that's strange about the patches of hair. Never heard of anything like that before.

OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
So relieved it wasn't anything serious...And that's strange about the patches of hair. Never heard of anything like that before.

I never heard of it before either and I have been around English Bulldogs for probaby 20 years. My Grandmother used to breed them years ago and I don't think I had ever heard her say anything about the patches of hair on their sides or the histiocytoma. You learn something new everyday!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Whew! I'm so glad Bertie is okay! I hope the darn thing goes away on its own!

OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks....I hope it does. She goes back in mid May for her shots, so if it isn't gone by then the vet said they would remove it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.