Bertie has to go to the vet Friday! Look at these pics of problem!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I check Bertie's feet and body everyday, just to make sure that I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
Today, I was getting ready for work and Bertie jumped on the bed and she layed on her back for me to rub her belly. She put her hind leg in the air and I saw a growth on her foot...it looks like another toe. It wasn't there yesterday!
I looked at it and I don't know what it is...it doesn't seem to hurt her and she is walking fine...no limping.
I made an appointment for Friday morning, so we'll see if my vet can tell me what is going on.
Here are a couple pictures of her foot...what does this look like to you?
:confused:
IMG00025-20110321-0952.jpg

IMG00024-20110321-0952.jpg

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I think it's a cyst. Orion had one on her ear. They removed it and tested it...the results came back benign. :whew::whew: Let us know what they say! How long has it been there?

OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
It appeared this morning! It really scared me when I saw it...it is huge...it actually doesn't look very big in the pic.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I don't know how long they take to develop. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I couldn't get a good look at in the first picture..when I click on it, it's very blurry. Hopefully someone else can help with a possibility. Keep us up to date on Bertie! :hug:

OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah, the first picture is blurry. I couldn't get Bertie to hold still and you know how hard it is to hold the dog and the cell phone and then try to snap the pic too. It's almost impossible!
It is the weirdest thing...it wasn't there at all yesterday...well if it was it wasn't visible and then this morning it erupted from the fur and could be seen.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I agree with [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] - it looks like a cyst to me. My friend's German Shepherd had two - they literally seemed to spring up overnight, as you said - and they turned out to be benign cysts that were fluid filled. Poor Bertie...well, at least she's not in pain. Hopefully the vet will get to the bottom of this mystery lump!

OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
I sure hope so! I would really hate to think that Bertie could never work as a shoe model for doggies because of such an unsitely mass on her foot!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My Bulldog Wilson had something called Interdigital cysts on one foot. I mean like overnight they were just there. He had huge swellings in between his toes so it made his foot look double its width. Scared me to death. Vet reassured me it was common in English Bulldogs and with some antibiotics and spray they went away just as quickly. I've always been cautious about washing his feet especially after a walk in the neighborhood but this thing still happened. Wish I had taken a picture like you so I could educate others about this. Good luck at the vets and I hope you get some satisfactory results. Please let us know the results.

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Wow...Can't say that I was expecting that. I was thinking "skin tag" when I originally read your post. But that doesn't resemble what I was picturing. I pray that it's nothing serious...that it popped up over night...crazy isn't it how these things pop up and give us a scare.

Praying it's nothing serious...keep us updated.

I know older dogs can get fatty lumps...though our senior dog it was always where he had TONS of fur [collie/shepherd mix]. But he would seem to develop them over night.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
To me it looks like a cyst, my son's dog a lab-pit mix gets these, She will be fine one day and the next day have a large lump. He took her to the vet and although it was benign, and was just simply drained, about a month later overnight it showed up again same spot. He just had to have it drained again. Keep us updated on Bertie though.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Sorry I cant be of help but wanted to let you know I mailed Bertie's new fleece yesterday. :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie had interdigital cysts last month, and they didn't look like that .. they were red .. almost shiny .. and swollen. That looks dry and the surface looks bumpy in texture. I'm glad you're getting it seen to - it reminds me of a wart!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
yeah I am not sure interdigital cysts would be on the side of her paw. Hopefully just a benign cyst like everyone says.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
My english bulldog mix has fatty tumors all over her body. I was told not to remove the fatty tumors because they just come back.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I was thinking the same as Kazzy that it looked like a wort! I don't know what it is and don't have any advice or suggestions, I just hope it's something really minor! Keep us updated!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.