Help Needed! Help! Pink face

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
Hi everyone. My pup has a pink mouth and a little blush on the tip of her nose. I've been really wracking my brain trying to find the cause of this and assume it's some sort of reaction or allergy..but the more I surf through the forum I see tons of other bully's with pink around the mouth and face. Should I be worried? Am I over reacting because she is my first puppy!? [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] helppp!

dc8a61648103441423589a476c6cad6b.jpg

This is from today

f9fd4656472dff8e75278f29339a0c6a.jpg

This is a couple weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I'll tell ya a few things I've learned, and you'll soon get more from others ;) When ever Hank plays with plastic.... balls, plastic bottles etc, he gets pink, and it may just be because of the bumping on his face not the plastic, but it goes away soon aft playing. And it may be other toys as well rubbing on the area. Also if they drink/eat out of plastic, that can cause it as well. Also, because it's white there, you'll notice the pink as the light color revels whats underneath ;) Of course it could be allergies as well, but I think lots mention these things I speak of ... on your kido, it 'almost' looks like puppy zits and you may just need to wipe her mouth right aft eating or drinking... Just some thoughts till someone else pops in ....

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi everyone. My pup has a pink mouth and a little blush on the tip of her nose. I've been really wracking my brain trying to find the cause of this and assume it's some sort of reaction or allergy..but the more I surf through the forum I see tons of other bully's with pink around the mouth and face. Should I be worried? Am I over reacting because she is my first puppy!? [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] helppp!

dc8a61648103441423589a476c6cad6b.jpg

This is from today

f9fd4656472dff8e75278f29339a0c6a.jpg

This is a couple weeks ago

Here's Duke same pinky face n eyes. Ive asked and its basically the pigmentation of white faces which i never owned.
838348926096892fa21e98bca43c6733.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Louie has an all white face and I notice there are times it looks pinks and times it doesn't. From what I have heard and read, it is normal especially for puppies. But if you aren't already, it would be good to wipe her face after eating and drinking and just trying to keep it as clean as possible. And use stainless steel bowls for food/water if you are not already doing that.

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I'll tell ya a few things I've learned, and you'll soon get more from others ;) When ever Hank plays with plastic.... balls, plastic bottles etc, he gets pink, and it may just be because of the bumping on his face not the plastic, but it goes away soon aft playing. And it may be other toys as well rubbing on the area. Also if they drink/eat out of plastic, that can cause it as well. Also, because it's white there, you'll notice the pink as the light color revels whats underneath ;) Of course it could be allergies as well, but I think lots mention these things I speak of ... on your kido, it 'almost' looks like puppy zits and you may just need to wipe her mouth right aft eating or drinking... Just some thoughts till someone else pops in ....

Ty! Yes we def had a case of puppy zits. And I've recently started wiping her face! Hope it gets better

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Here's Duke same pinky face n eyes. Ive asked and its basically the pigmentation of white faces which i never owned.
838348926096892fa21e98bca43c6733.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

What a cutie! It's definitely comforting to see that my baby isn't the only one [emoji30]ty!

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie has an all white face and I notice there are times it looks pinks and times it doesn't. From what I have heard and read, it is normal especially for puppies. But if you aren't already, it would be good to wipe her face after eating and drinking and just trying to keep it as clean as possible. And use stainless steel bowls for food/water if you are not already doing that.

Same here. Sometimes she's fine other times she's Pink. We had ceramic I just got my stainless steel bowls today. And the face wiping is now on our list of her pampering lol. High maintenance babies ! ❤️❤️

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Same here. Sometimes she's fine other times she's Pink. We had ceramic I just got my stainless steel bowls today. And the face wiping is now on our list of her pampering lol. High maintenance babies ! ❤️❤️

yes!! high maintenance babies!!! My fella that bought Hank figured he was getting just a regular ole doggie!! I mean a bulldog for goodness sakes seems like they're just a bunch of big ole lugs.... WRONG!! what it takes to keep them healthy and lookin good aint no joke!!! He still has no idea as I'm always futsen with this boy so he's pretty and smellin good,,,,,, and he thinks he just comes that way... haha, nope!

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
yes!! high maintenance babies!!! My fella that bought Hank figured he was getting just a regular ole doggie!! I mean a bulldog for goodness sakes seems like they're just a bunch of big ole lugs.... WRONG!! what it takes to keep them healthy and lookin good aint no joke!!! He still has no idea as I'm always futsen with this boy so he's pretty and smellin good,,,,,, and he thinks he just comes that way... haha, nope!

Yup. Fran get wiped down ever night from her eyes to her paws to her hiney. Everyone's reaction to her is "oh cool a bulldog" I tell them I feel like I had a 4th child! Well worth it of course.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Keep these links on hand as it's all about maintenance from day one! You start now, you'll avoid later issues.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...alth/54959-homemade-remedies-healthy-dog.html

bulliebullybull

Sep 9, 2016
South west Pennsylvania
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Completely normal looking from here have male turns two in November same brindle as yours had blush on his cheeks since we got him
7a5d0608c02068ffd92847b434948914.jpg

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Completely normal looking from here have male turns two in November same brindle as yours had blush on his cheeks since we got him
7a5d0608c02068ffd92847b434948914.jpg

Ha look at that face! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great thread of beautiful faces!! ❤️

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.