URGENT!!! Thickened Urethra wall....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Stella has been going to this vet since she was a puppy...I'm trusting them as I know nothing about these meds. Y'all are helping me out tremendously...thank you so much! As of now, she is just on the Piroxicam until she sees them for her next ultrasound. I give her all of these Meds with her food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Continued prayers fir sweet Stella

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I hope Stella doesn't have a tumour, but if she does, the dose of piroxicam should be 0.15 mg/pound X 45 pounds = 6.75 mg daily. How come vet is only giving 3 mg daily ? The dose of piroxicam as an anti inflammatory ( not for cancer ) is 0.15 mg/pound every 2 days,which would be 6.75 mg every 2 days. so it seems like vet is basically doing a modified version of anti inflammatory dose, doing 3 mg daily instead of 6.75 mg every 2 days.

Stella has been going to this vet since she was a puppy...I'm trusting them as I know nothing about these meds. Y'all are helping me out tremendously...thank you so much! As of now, she is just on the Piroxicam until she sees them for her next ultrasound. I give her all of these Meds with her food.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I hope Stella doesn't have a tumour, but if she does, the dose of piroxicam should be 0.15 mg/pound X 45 pounds = 6.75 mg daily. How come vet is only giving 3 mg daily ? The dose of piroxicam as an anti inflammatory ( not for cancer ) is 0.15 mg/pound every 2 days,which would be 6.75 mg every 2 days. so it seems like vet is basically doing a modified version of anti inflammatory dose, doing 3 mg daily instead of 6.75 mg every 2 days.
I think they took into account her anamnesis of frequent UTI lately and tend to think that it is most likely caused by inflammation, not tumour. This is what I thought first.

OP
Bhaverstock1

Bhaverstock1

Jun 24, 2016
Murray, KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella Artois and Dozer Jordan
Right now they are treating the inflammation. They said if it is a tumor then it will treat both?!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I think they are going to do an ultrasound to see if it got worse. I'm not sure if that is a good way to diagnose cancer. I read that there is a blood test called a V-BTA test that is used to screen for transitional cell carcinoma in dogs. The test is only useful if your dog does not have cancer. If the test result is negative, one can be fairly confident that transitional cell carcinoma is not present. If the test is positive, cancer may be present, or the positive test could be due to other disease conditions. The definitive test is to get a tissue specimen for histopathologic investigation.

If it's cancer they should be using a higher dose of piroxicam, plus I'm sure you want to know whether it is cancer or not.

Right now they are treating the inflammation. They said if it is a tumor then it will treat both?!

Most Reactions