Help Needed! George is sick again! Help!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I hope George is feeling better, I swear it's been never ending at our house... Ugh!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Epsom salts are good for the cysts.
Yeah I think its my age I'm way more noticing things with him.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y625-U21 using Tapatalk

and!!! omg he is soooooooooooooooo increadably more comfortable after the Epsom salts!!!!!! thank you!!! I knew about them, and have used before but just forgot so danged if Its a good thing to step in and remind others,,,, as it just may be the ticket :) thanks!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
and!!! omg he is soooooooooooooooo increadably more comfortable after the Epsom salts!!!!!! thank you!!! I knew about them, and have used before but just forgot so danged if Its a good thing to step in and remind others,,,, as it just may be the ticket :) thanks!!

When Cami came up with the UTI and got so bad so quickly
then was allergic to Baytril & throwing up with bad diarrhea
everything I knew went right out of my head! I think we just
get so worried we can't think straight! And I've always stayed
calm in the midst of chaos but not with my beloved bully girl.
Glad he's feeling more comfortable, XOXO

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
When Cami came up with the UTI and got so bad so quickly
then was allergic to Baytril & throwing up with bad diarrhea
everything I knew went right out of my head! I think we just
get so worried we can't think straight! And I've always stayed
calm in the midst of chaos but not with my beloved bully girl.
Glad he's feeling more comfortable, XOXO

Boy isn't that the truth!!! poor dear boy was miserable! Now I'm not sure if I should do again before bedtime?? jujst seems the nice thing to do but don't want to burn up his feet with that either... hum... mabie just some vetricyn ? Na, think i'll soak :) thanks for the support :) xoxo

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Thank you.... will do this one alternating with the betadine... hum, or is it better to stick to one or the other

I'm sure both are OK the Epsom salts seems to just keep the area dry and clean it's not a medication as such.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
I hope George is feeling better, I swear it's been never ending at our house... Ugh!

Thank you George is doing well this morning just wondering where his food is poor guy. No diarrhoea or throwing up since he got the fluids [emoji3] only 11 hours of fasting left he will eat me before that's up I think [emoji20]

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thank you George is doing well this morning just wondering where his food is poor guy. No diarrhoea or throwing up since he got the fluids [emoji3] only 11 hours of fasting left he will eat me before that's up I think [emoji20]

oh boy! I don't know if I could hold out on him on the food situation... yikes, I guess if you know it's best for them ya just got to?? but....... just a question, it seems that they fast themselves if need be??? Hank has had off mornings and light evenings and then back to all on the next day. Course, he's not one that would eat rocks either.. He's not a food hog so mabie one would handle fasting themselves, and another would just pig out and not know to fast. dunno, I've never had to fast a dog.. Just had to monitor what "I" gave them when having tummy issues..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Half way there... keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Praying for Precious George, Please George you are strong fight this Sweetie and Get Well we all Love You. Susan and Elmo

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15045]Evilo[/MENTION] Checking on George this a.m. Hope he gets to eat, and he is well and happy today!

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
oh boy! I don't know if I could hold out on him on the food situation... yikes, I guess if you know it's best for them ya just got to?? but....... just a question, it seems that they fast themselves if need be??? Hank has had off mornings and light evenings and then back to all on the next day. Course, he's not one that would eat rocks either.. He's not a food hog so mabie one would handle fasting themselves, and another would just pig out and not know to fast. dunno, I've never had to fast a dog.. Just had to monitor what "I" gave them when having tummy issues..

I didn't last the full fast time he was starving so I just gave a small portion of boiled chicken and rice. George would never self fast he has never missed a meal. You are lucky to have a dog that isn't overly food crazy.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
[MENTION=15045]Evilo[/MENTION] Checking on George this a.m. Hope he gets to eat, and he is well and happy today!

Thank you he is doing very well still not 100% but much improved we are still on a bland diet boiled chicken and rice but we will move back to regular food tomorrow.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Praying for Precious George, Please George you are strong fight this Sweetie and Get Well we all Love You. Susan and Elmo

You are very sweet thank you.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.