Help Needed! George is sick again! Help!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not eating vomit and lethargic.... I'm thinking he may have a blockage... is it possible he ate something-- a toy, sock, rock??

Just read whole thread--- definitely could be depressed if he just wasn't eating but vomit and explosive poo... he ate something that is not agreeing or he has a bug.

While at beach could he have gotten into anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Ugh... I'm SO sorry you are dealing w/this, I'm dealing w/my own drama w/Walter. Honestly I DO believe they make themselves sick w/change, I know that Walter get's very unhinged when things are not to his liking. Are you feeding him a bland diet? I would start w/a very small portion... like 1/4 cup at first. I hope your boy feels better soon...
He is raw fed but as soon as this got out of hand I have gone and boiled some chicken and rice. But I didn't feed him since he threw up as he didn't look for food normally if he's hungry he will cry at you. I will try him in the morning.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y625-U21 using Tapatalk

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
oh my good Lord those pictures!!! ... They brought me to tears... REALLY!! They are so beautiful and of a land that for some reason, I feel an attachment... Thank you Sooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!
Thanks it can be pretty sometimes when its not raining. I love it though 😀

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Not eating vomit and lethargic.... I'm thinking he may have a blockage... is it possible he ate something-- a toy, sock, rock??

Just read whole thread--- definitely could be depressed if he just wasn't eating but vomit and explosive poo... he ate something that is not agreeing or he has a bug.

While at beach could he have gotten into anything?

Now that you say it yes he was chewing a toy the other day he destroys most things this was no exception. But I picked it all up as normally he chews it and spits the stuff out. I hope its not that.
I did a small bit of food change, only very small amounts of heart meat and a tiny bit of offal added to his meals it could be that I guess.
We will see when Rachel gets home if he perks up only about 12 hours to go till then.
Thank you.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
It was about 3 weeks ago since we were at the beach I don't think it is that but I would have thought that too.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
I'm thinking about the blockage and I'm just wondering because he had his earlier meals (somewhat reluctantly) today and they seemed to go down ok he only threw up the 3rd one. If it was a blockage would the others not have come back up also?
I feed him 3 times a day as he has such a sensitive tummy we find little and often works best for him.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Poor guy, I don't think he has a blockage, that would just cause vomiting and not diarrhea. It sounds more like he has a flu or he ate something bad. Don't push him to eat- if he's that nauseous it will just make him throw up. Just offer him some rice and water today then rice and boiled chicken tomorrow.

I'm thinking about the blockage and I'm just wondering because he had his earlier meals (somewhat reluctantly) today and they seemed to go down ok he only threw up the 3rd one. If it was a blockage would the others not have come back up also?
I feed him 3 times a day as he has such a sensitive tummy we find little and often works best for him.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Poor guy, I don't think he has a blockage, that would just cause vomiting and not diarrhea. It sounds more like he has a flu or he ate something bad. Don't push him to eat- if he's that nauseous it will just make him throw up. Just offer him some rice and water today then rice and boiled chicken tomorrow.
Yes I will do that he's not a big water drinker anytime so I might give him some bone broth as he usually likes that when he is not well.
Thanks for that I feel better about it if its not a blockage.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
He just went outside and had a poop explosion it just shot out of him like he was a tap. I guess I'm sleeping on the couch tonight in case he needs to go out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Story of my life. I slept in the living room all last week because Louie had diarrhea. Bone broth will be good to make sure he stays hydrated. Bland diet and probiotic. If you have access to slippery elm, that is a good natural treatment for diarrhea.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Story of my life. I slept in the living room all last week because Louie had diarrhea. Bone broth will be good to make sure he stays hydrated. Bland diet and probiotic. If you have access to slippery elm, that is a good natural treatment for diarrhea.

Great thanks. I've never seen slippery elm but I will ask in the health food store tomorrow.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
If you have some probiotic powder, throw that into the bone broth too !

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Great thanks. I've never seen slippery elm but I will ask in the health food store tomorrow.

I have the powdered form. The dosage for that is 1/4 teaspoon per every 10 pounds.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Explosive diarrhoea isn't characteristic for blockage, so that's good sign. Explosive diarrhoea is more usual when infection is present. Concerning his bad mood, steroids like prednisone can cause depression. Very often side effect. For stomach bug the best is just don't feed him for 24 hours, GI tract can have a rest. One day a week is actually recommended fasting for dogs. Give him food only when he is hungry.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Thank you that puts my mind at rest a bit.
He is always hungry normally. I do understand about fasting but he cries so hard so I just can't do it I may have to try harder though given this situation.
He just threw up again a milky brown consistency there was a horse hoof trimming he had 2 days ago in it!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.