Help Needed! George is sick again! Help!

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
This is going to be a long post please bear with me.
George as some of you know went to the vet a week ago he was put on a course of Prednisolone 5mg pills. He took one a day for three days and now we are on one every three days so he is due his fifth pill tomorrow morning.
Today he was just lying around not interested in anything and there were men working at the house today and normally he would go nuts at workmen but it was like he didn't even see them in our drive or working out the back. They had lots of large trucks and machinery and that sends him into orbit normally but today nothing except a small bark at them when he went out to pee but nothing like normal.
So I'll try to get to the point but I want to explain the issue properly.
Normally George nearly breaks down the door of his crate in the morning for breakfast no matter how ill he is even after surgery he would run to his food bowl and even in his post op depression food was his only love, today he just walked slowly to the bowl and pushed the food around a bit eventually he ate but it was like he forced it down. This evening he reluctantly had his dinner at 6 pm and threw it all up 20 mins later, this is where it really gets strange he didn't eat the sick (also which he always does). Now I'm very worried because this is so unlike him. Yes we have unusually hot humid weather at the moment but it's not that he likes the heat and he's inside in the shade with plenty of water. He is sleeping most of the day and just lying around not wanting to walk, even in the house.
Is it possible that this medication could cause this? I read a post on Facebook just today about another bulldog who is on this for cancer as the owners are not going down the chemo route and that dog is hungry all the time but George seems to be the opposite. The vet also mentioned increased appetite as a side effect so I am at a loss to know what is wrong.
Anybody got any ideas? I will be getting in touch with the vet as soon as they are open tomorrow.
I'm staring to think there is something seriously wrong with him as he just goes from one illness to another and I hate giving him medication I don't want him to have a miserable existence [emoji22][emoji22]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
:( no, it doesn't sound good at all does it. I sure hope you can get some answers for him... Sounds like he just doesn't feel good and I sure hope it's nothing serious.. Thoughts are with you..

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
:( no, it doesn't sound good at all does it. I sure hope you can get some answers for him... Sounds like he just doesn't feel good and I sure hope it's nothing serious.. Thoughts are with you..
Thank you. I hope so too.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y625-U21 using Tapatalk

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
I'm also wondering if he could just be missing my daughter she's been on holiday for a week, back tomorrow, normally she would not be gone for more than 3/4 days at a time. Just a thought.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I'm also wondering if he could just be missing my daughter she's been on holiday for a week, back tomorrow, normally she would not be gone for more than 3/4 days at a time. Just a thought.

They are so attached, and not much for change, don't like things out of sorts at all... I hope that this will be the cure!!! Just thoughts on this,,,, my boy goes every single week up for a few days (with me) to his daddys. He does great as he has done it since 4 months old,,,,,,,, but!!!! though he eats the same food, he poops about triple up there, and usually wants out at least once during the night and NEVER (almost) needs out when here at home base. They are just touchy one way or another it seems...

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Just a thought,,,, manydogs on another post just mentioned theres a dog flu going around... Mabie he has a touch of that???

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
They are so attached, and not much for change, don't like things out of sorts at all... I hope that this will be the cure!!! Just thoughts on this,,,, my boy goes every single week up for a few days (with me) to his daddys. He does great as he has done it since 4 months old,,,,,,,, but!!!! though he eats the same food, he poops about triple up there, and usually wants out at least once during the night and NEVER (almost) needs out when here at home base. They are just touchy one way or another it seems...
I do hope that's all it is. I'm so worried about him at this point.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Just a thought,,,, manydogs on another post just mentioned theres a dog flu going around... Mabie he has a touch of that???

Oh ok that I could deal with it is just frustrating he seems to hop from some illness to the next never related just random problems.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
It's kind of funny right now he is sound asleep waving his paw isn't he air I think he's running in his sleep [emoji13]

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
I'm going to hijack my own post to share those pics with you. This is Rosses Point Beach in Co.Sligo we had it all to ourselves for nearly an hour. The third pic is a heavy rain shower out in the Atlantic we didn't quite make it back to the car before it made land fall. The second is of Ben Bulben one of our largest mountains.
3dfc197cc07f9dad1ad2cce75191be58.jpg
1d1baeec187184bb0c551105e1e0d5fb.jpg
ea17d304826ebe70499159a588c7b4ec.jpg
8fd75df8c257de6f44f778065108c0ee.jpg

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
He just went outside and had a poop explosion it just shot out of him like he was a tap. I guess I'm sleeping on the couch tonight in case he needs to go out.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ugh... I'm SO sorry you are dealing w/this, I'm dealing w/my own drama w/Walter. Honestly I DO believe they make themselves sick w/change, I know that Walter get's very unhinged when things are not to his liking. Are you feeding him a bland diet? I would start w/a very small portion... like 1/4 cup at first. I hope your boy feels better soon...

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Poor little George - let us know what the vet says tomorrow.

The pics are lovely - thanks for sharing!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh my good Lord those pictures!!! ... They brought me to tears... REALLY!! They are so beautiful and of a land that for some reason, I feel an attachment... Thank you Sooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.