General Question Vulvoplasty and entropion surgery at the same time

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi-
Cricket had her surgery yesterday- it went well. No major complications. However, she did regurgitate during surgery. They cleaned her up and the vet checked her lungs- no fluid... I have antibiotics, just in case. However, she hasn't been coughing or vomiting.
They took out a lot more skin than I thought they would.
She pooped last night, but I've yet to see her pee.
She's really sore, and her sedatives have really been helping her today. I'd feel better if she would just pee. Is that a silly concern? Any experience with this?
View attachment 107288 View attachment 107289 View attachment 107290
sorry about the rotated photo- it's not rotated on my computer, and I don't know how to change it here. :) (the face photo was right after we got home and she'd had her meds- she fell asleep and started drooling- I couldn't help but chuckle at that one.)

She tried to rub her face a couple of times, but I've discovered that hollering "no!" will stop her pretty quickly!

Any tips on getting her to drink more water? I'm sure she'll feel better if she's hydrated??? or do I just need to chill? :nervous:

So good to hear she is hime and the procedure went well!!

Try ice cubes or bone broth as others suggested

Look forward to more updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Brilloluna

Jul 20, 2014
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cricket (2014-) Willa: (2001-2013)
Hi-
Sorry for not updating earlier- been a little hectic. :)
I realized that by soaking her kibble in more water, she was staying hydrated. Took Cricket a couple of days to get back to her regular water habits- right around the same time she started self-soothing with her favorite plush toy (she sucks on that thing every night- only missed two nights because of her teeth being pulled)...
I couldn't get her to stop jumping off and on the couch when she wanted to. After 24 hours, she seemed to not even notice the vulvoplasty!!
I've had to holler at her a few times for trying to rub her eyes, but other than that... it's been so easy!

I plan to take Cricket's stitches out later this week... Her eye stitches should come out around 10-14 days, and her vulvoplasty stitches, at 14 days. I'm wondering if I should do them all at the same time, or do her eye stitches a day before I remove her vulvo-stitches? Thoughts?
The other option is to wait until this Friday, drive 2 hours one way for a 30 minute appointment, then drive another 2 hours back home- I can manage the stitches on my own. The question is, when.. (I've removed stitches before, so I'm not worried)

:) photo to follow soon- provided I can get her to stand in one place long enough! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi-
Sorry for not updating earlier- been a little hectic. :)
I realized that by soaking her kibble in more water, she was staying hydrated. Took Cricket a couple of days to get back to her regular water habits- right around the same time she started self-soothing with her favorite plush toy (she sucks on that thing every night- only missed two nights because of her teeth being pulled)...
I couldn't get her to stop jumping off and on the couch when she wanted to. After 24 hours, she seemed to not even notice the vulvoplasty!!
I've had to holler at her a few times for trying to rub her eyes, but other than that... it's been so easy!

I plan to take Cricket's stitches out later this week... Her eye stitches should come out around 10-14 days, and her vulvoplasty stitches, at 14 days. I'm wondering if I should do them all at the same time, or do her eye stitches a day before I remove her vulvo-stitches? Thoughts?
The other option is to wait until this Friday, drive 2 hours one way for a 30 minute appointment, then drive another 2 hours back home- I can manage the stitches on my own. The question is, when.. (I've removed stitches before, so I'm not worried)

:) photo to follow soon- provided I can get her to stand in one place long enough! :)

If you plan to do the stitches on your own I would wait the full 14 days and do the Vulvaplasty first and then her I stitches. This way if she is not happy with you doing her eyes the Vulvaplasrt is already done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.