General Question Doesn't want to eat dinner....

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
For almost a week now, Lockjaw doesn't seem interested in his evening meal.

He goes up to it and just stares at his food, then me, then food, then me. Like "really mom?" I think he just might be bored. I'm about to order a new Bag of food. So I'll try a different protein. I'll add that Penny has no issues eating her food.

They've been eating Acana Pork with warmed up Tilleys turkey cooked food as a topper. I have been switching through turkey, beef and pork so they wouldn't get tired of it.
They get a little bit of coconut oil in their evening food as well.
I've tried eliminating each of the "extras" too and he's still turning his nose up.

He's otherwise acting normal and bathroom breaks are/have been normal as well.

He's always devoured his food- so just wondering what everyone thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Does he have any environmental allergies? Sometimes that can lessen their appetite

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Does he have any environmental allergies? Sometimes that can lessen their appetite

We think he does. He's been on Apoquel for a few months now. (we didn't get much of a winter either) Seems like he got tear staining out of no where and after eliminating all of the popular food allergies, he's still staining and without the Apoquel he will scratch his right eye area raw. Had to even get antifungal meds for him about 2 months ago. And I wipe his face everyday. I've started to wipe/dry and then pat a small bit of gold bond powder to try to keep it dry. My vet suspects it's environmental. I hate giving him Apoquel everyday, but I hate seeing him scratch himself raw even more.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We think he does. He's been on Apoquel for a few months now. (we didn't get much of a winter either) Seems like he got tear staining out of no where and after eliminating all of the popular food allergies, he's still staining and without the Apoquel he will scratch his right eye area raw. Had to even get antifungal meds for him about 2 months ago. And I wipe his face everyday. I've started to wipe/dry and then pat a small bit of gold bond powder to try to keep it dry. My vet suspects it's environmental. I hate giving him Apoquel everyday, but I hate seeing him scratch himself raw even more.

Look into Cytopoint shots... about 90$ a shot and lasts 4-8 weeks with no side effects. Working wonderful for Lambeau

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
It is hot outside. Who wants to eat?

Seriously, I hope your bully snaps out of it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Look into Cytopoint shots... about 90$ a shot and lasts 4-8 weeks with no side effects. Working wonderful for Lambeau

Ok! I'll ask about it. Right now his Apoquel is running me $55 a month- so if it lasts any longer than 4 wks it'll still be saving $. BUT- only downfall is that I'd have to take off work to bring him into the vet. With the Apoquel, I can call to get his refill monthly with no issues.

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
It is hot outside. Who wants to eat?

Seriously, I hope your bully snaps out of it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you! It's really just in the evening. I just ordered another bag of food. Got the duck this time. He's never had duck, so we'll see how this goes.

But yes, it been miserably hot for the past week. Extremely humid 90's. I think we're all melting!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.