Fecal incontinence...

ObietheWan

Mar 25, 2017
Kansas City
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Obie
So this is in relation to my coworkers English. Josie is 9 years old now, has lost all motivation to move, out of her behaviour, doesn't do her routine of waiting for him when he gets off work. She won't leave his bedside. And worst of all, she has no motivation to eat/drink and can't control her bowel movements. Is this a sign that it might be coming time for her to pass? He hasn't taken her to the vet yet as he's scared to hear the news. Im just trying to help him out. No history of anal gland or spine issues, and he tried to feed her raw diet, but she almost refused to eat.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So this is in relation to my coworkers English. Josie is 9 years old now, has lost all motivation to move, out of her behaviour, doesn't do her routine of waiting for him when he gets off work. She won't leave his bedside. And worst of all, she has no motivation to eat/drink and can't control her bowel movements. Is this a sign that it might be coming time for her to pass? He hasn't taken her to the vet yet as he's scared to hear the news. Im just trying to help him out. No history of anal gland or spine issues, and he tried to feed her raw diet, but she almost refused to eat.

He needs to get to the vet with her... she seems in pain or as you stated her time is coming near.

The vet can make her comfortable and determine if there is any treatment to help correct anything that can be.

Sending prayers to this sweet girl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Definitely take her to vet. It could possibly be something minor like urinary tract infection, tail pocket infection, although unlikely.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Agreed... this is not a good sign.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh I am so sorry for your friend and his pup. Prayers to them!!! Please ask him to do as these experienced members have said, to the vet. I pray for peace and resolution!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
It doesn't necessarily mean its time..... there could be something underlying that is making her feel this way. Sickness of sorts that needs to be treated. I think she needs a full vet checkup and blood work ASAP.... the longer they wait, the worse the news can be. 9 years old is not old.... not these days. Especially if this set in just out of nowhere, makes me think she's sick or something. That can cause lethargy, and other symptoms as you described.
[MENTION=17001]ObietheWan[/MENTION] - I know you posted this yesterday can you please tell your coworker to get her to the vet today. Please keep us posted.

OP
ObietheWan

ObietheWan

Mar 25, 2017
Kansas City
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Obie
He took her to the vet yesterday. Needless to say... Josie is no longer with us. Her intestines had twisted inside and she was too far along to operate on, so he opted to have her put down. Didn't show for work last night because of it, just got the news today. 😭😭😭

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He took her to the vet yesterday. Needless to say... Josie is no longer with us. Her intestines had twisted inside and she was too far along to operate on, so he opted to have her put down. Didn't show for work last night because of it, just got the news today. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Please send him our prayers and tell him we are all very sorry. [emoji29][emoji29][emoji29]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
UGH! very sorry to hear that she had to be put down. Bloat is a slow and painful way to go. I'm not judging your co-worker(maybe I am) but his inaction...did her great injustice. I sincerely hope he does not consider another dog in the future.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
That's so sad and hard on him as well... We all have to do what we feel is best for our beloveds'.. I wish him well and comfort..

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh I am so very sorry to hear about Josie!!! How awful!! You're a great friend for trying to help! Please pass on my condolences to your friend!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
UGH! very sorry to hear that she had to be put down. Bloat is a slow and painful way to go. I'm not judging your co-worker(maybe I am) but his inaction...did her great injustice. I sincerely hope he does not consider another dog in the future.

I have to totally agree with Chip, if caught early and addressed right away she could have been saved. This is why when you notice something off or wrong you don't wait, you act on it and get them in ASAP.

Sweet baby girl, may she rest in peace.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.