My bullie has red legs...HELP!

Jennybear2003

Mar 2, 2011
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
My Luna is currently on an antibiotic, keflex for ingrown hairs along her chin that blister up and pop. Her legs are red and around her face is also red.The vet said her leg were stained from her face but I don't think so? She has been eating Fromm food now for about 3 wks and the legs have improved but still red. Does anyone know if the yeast spray and shampoo from carolina pet pantry would help??

Ann Farley Hamilton

Jul 21, 2010
Brookline, NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Hamilton's Irish Mack we call him Mack and Blossom
It sounds like she's having a reaction to the antibiotic, she may be allergic to it. I would call the vet again and tell them that's what you think it is and see if there's another med she can take. Of people are allergic why not bullies.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
yes, it sounds like an allergic reaction to me also. If it were my Bertie, I would call the vet again and if he said the same thing, I would probably go get a 2nd opinion.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Can you post a couple of pictures of the redness on the legs you are referring to?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
What do you give for treats???? That could be what she is allergic to as well. It helped Gracie to switch treats to one with no chicken. Course we also switched her food to no chicken . :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She may require a prescription shampoo for skin conditions from your vet. I would recommend adding salmon oil to the diet as well. How long has she been on the script? Make sure you feed out of stainless or ceramic dishes, keep them clean. Unfortunately skin conditions could stem from so many different reasons. If the hair is stained- it will take a while to regrow new hair and get the hair back to the original color. Hopefully in the next couple weeks you will continue to see improvement, but allergens are really high right now so it may be hard to determine the actual results for several weeks.

OP
Jennybear2003

Jennybear2003

Mar 2, 2011
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
I don't think it is an atb allergy because she has been on keflex before and the redness was well before the atb therapy. Since her food change to fromm her legs have improved and yesterday I gave her a bath and washed her legs real well and it seemed to have improved even a little more. I was wondering if anyone had used the yeast spray from the Carolina pet pantry and had success before I buy it?
View attachment 6353I clicked the insert an image icon and uploaded a pic not sure if its going to work? The vet also told me to put fish oil in her food twice a day so I have been sprinkling that on as well.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, all of that will probably go away. I have never used the yeast pro, but she looks like she is in the 'healing process' per say. Carolina pet pantry does sell grizzly salmon oil, great stuff!

She does not really look yeasty to me, but stained like your vet said. I think you should go a couple more weeks and see if you continue to see improvement. She is a doll face!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.