USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sadie Kae, Lady
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cost of cytopoint vs Apoquel

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    What a fantastic face !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i think you mentioned one time that Banks was "Difficult". Maybe they are sisters from other mothers, lol. Sadies a big ole turd, but that's what makes her so funny
    Sleep sitting

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Florida girls View Post
    More valuable info..thank you. Believe it or not Sadie doesn't act like this When I give her the shot weekly. She's known for being obstinate. As we say around here, she's just being Sadie
    We distract Jax with treats when he gets his shots and it takes seconds. He doesn't even know he got a shot.

The last Apoquel Jax got was on Friday and so far the Cytopoint has been working really good because before, he couldn't go one day without a pill. So I guess the question will be how long the injection will last!

4. Likes Florida girls, 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

i think you mentioned one time that Banks was "Difficult". Maybe they are sisters from other mothers, lol. Sadies a big ole turd, but that's what makes her so funny
    Yes, Banks was a challenge and that is what I miss most about her... pure attitude ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

6. Likes Cbrugs, Florida girls liked this post
    Bully Bootie Duty Florida girls's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stacey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sadie Kae, Lady
    Likes (Received)

Soooo, talked to my regular vet about changing from Apoquel to cytopoint shots. She asked if Sadie having issues with Apoquel (she's not). Advised she doesn't carry the cytopoint yet as her patients all doing well with Apoquel. Plus she said the shots are costly, much more than the Apoquel. Sadies 61lbs and takes 1 1/2 Apoquel doseage 5.4mg per pill. If I figure right that's 7.6mg daily. I've tried several times lowering doseage but she's miserable. Currently paying $133 for 100 pills which is a little over 2 month supply. So maybe the Apoquel is more affordable after all. Confused
    Sleep sitting

Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Soooo, talked to my regular vet about changing from Apoquel to cytopoint shots. She asked if Sadie having issues with Apoquel (she's not). Advised she doesn't carry the cytopoint yet as her patients all doing well with Apoquel. Plus she said the shots are costly, much more than the Apoquel. Sadies 61lbs and takes 1 1/2 Apoquel doseage 5.4mg per pill. If I figure right that's 7.6mg daily. I've tried several times lowering doseage but she's miserable. Currently paying $133 for 100 pills which is a little over 2 month supply. So maybe the Apoquel is more affordable after all. Confused
    I don't believe that the Cytopoint is much more costly than the Apoquel. Maybe it depends on your area. I paid $58 plus tax for 30 pills of Apoquel 5.4 mg and that lasted me a month. For the Cytopoint injection I paid about $62 plus tax. So the difference between the two was really not that much. We are on week 3 right now and while there is still a little bit of paw licking, it is a lot less than it was on the Apoquel and the scratching has been almost non-existent. And like you, Jax could not go 1 day without a pill.

9. Likes 2BullyMama, Florida girls liked this post
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)
    Likes (Received)

Hi all... I have a question, Nico is on Apoquel and it's totally controlling his itchiness which is about the only symptom of his allergies. I understand that Apoquel just takes care of the symptoms not the problem but if he's not having any issues that I can see and allergies are under control should I be giving him allergy medication with the Apoquel? I figured that if the Apoquel is taking care of his symptoms why should I give him another medication? Do you guys agree?

Thanks in advance... this site is great.

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Lambeau is 58lbs and his shot is lasting about 4 weeks and they are 90$ each
    e.

12. Likes Florida girls liked this post
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NicosMom View Post
    Hi all... I have a question, Nico is on Apoquel and it's totally controlling his itchiness which is about the only symptom of his allergies. I understand that Apoquel just takes care of the symptoms not the problem but if he's not having any issues that I can see and allergies are under control should I be giving him allergy medication with the Apoquel? I figured that if the Apoquel is taking care of his symptoms why should I give him another medication? Do you guys agree?

I would not.... but I have never given Apoquel. I do know that some dogs with severe allergies will need apoquel or another allergy med with Cytopoint, but it is very low percentage.
    e.

Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I would not.... but I have never given Apoquel. I do know that some dogs with severe allergies will need apoquel or another allergy med with Cytopoint, but it is very low percentage.

Thank you, that's what I thought.

Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

When Jax was on Apoquel and the pollen count was crazy high, I would sometimes give Benadryl as well. But if the Apoquel is controlling everything, no need to give another medication on top of that. If you wanted, you can look into doing the Cytopoint instead of the Apoquel.

16. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Stacey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sadie Kae, Lady
    Likes (Received)

I agree with Christine and Citty, the less meds the best
    Sleep sitting

Real Name
    Stacey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sadie Kae, Lady
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    I don't believe that the Cytopoint is much more costly than the Apoquel. Maybe it depends on your area. I paid $58 plus tax for 30 pills of Apoquel 5.4 mg and that lasted me a month. For the Cytopoint injection I paid about $62 plus tax. So the difference between the two was really not that much. We are on week 3 right now and while there is still a little bit of paw licking, it is a lot less than it was on the Apoquel and the scratching has been almost non-existent. And like you, Jax could not go 1 day without a pill.
    Hmmm, that's good to know. In addition to the Apoquel which she gets with her supper, she gets either 2 Benadryl or 2 Zyrtec in the morning because her eyes are always a goopy mess when she wakes up. Face rubbing and paw licking is better, but still can't leave her alone with rigs or carpet because she'll rub he,r face and chin until it bleeds. Within 3 days of her bath, she's like Pigpen from the Peanuts cartoon, phew weee

Thinking I'll give her dermatologist a call and see what she says. It's only about an hour away. Keep your posted on the continuing saga of Sadie.
    Sleep sitting

19. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads