Deep Infection part 2

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
love the new pictures and how nice they made a special wagon for bulldogs!!! one where the side comes down for easy access!!! I have a great wagon (from Costco) but I gotta be able to lift him way into it and that's become difficult... yours is very nice, and great looking happy boy!

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Since the bacteria showed sensitivity to Baytril and Bactrim the antibiotics should work. However if the area is walled off into an abscess then the antibiotics can't penetrate and you will need a drain put in. I'm just wondering if Monty needs an ultrasound or CT scan to check for abscess.

He had a drain in previously but it was before the culture. The vet did not call me so I am a bit steamed about that so will call them again 1st thing in the morning. I will ask about the possibilty of an abscess. Thanks for alerting me to that.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
He had a drain in previously but it was before the culture. The vet did not call me so I am a bit steamed about that so will call them again 1st thing in the morning. I will ask about the possibilty of an abscess. Thanks for alerting me to that.

If you left a message for Dr. Chellappan - she doesn't work Mondays. And the staff will not tell you that. Lovely, I know. I've just come to know her schedule since we frequent so much. She should be in today though, and hopefully will give you a call back. I'd call anyway and say you're waiting on a call back.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
I asked for Dr Dikeman to call me back as she wasn't there. I have found he is not the best on call-backs!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I asked for Dr Dikeman to call me back as she wasn't there. I have found he is not the best on call-backs!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Oooo ok. Glad they told you she wasn't there. She (Dr. Chellappan) is really good about call backs.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
I never did get a call back from either vet. Not a happy camper! I called them again first thing this morning and they put me through to Dr Chellapan. She said to flush it with a weak solution of Betadine and it is better for it to all drain out which makes sense. I asked about it being an abscess and she confirmed that, said the combination of drugs should take care of it. Unfortunately, we are going on vacation for a week next Tuesday so I am hoping it will clear before then.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I never did get a call back from either vet. Not a happy camper! I called them again first thing this morning and they put me through to Dr Chellapan. She said to flush it with a weak solution of Betadine and it is better for it to all drain out which makes sense. I asked about it being an abscess and she confirmed that, said the combination of drugs should take care of it. Unfortunately, we are going on vacation for a week next Tuesday so I am hoping it will clear before then.

Damn... i hate no call backs! So nothing more to do but rinse and wait?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
He is still on the drugs for another couple of weeks.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for asking. He seems fine. I flushed his infection site until it closed and I couldn't flush it anymore so I hope that was OK. He is still on drugs and I will take him back to the vets when he is finished with them. We are away for a week and my sister is housesitting so he will be well looked after. I just spoke to him on Skype and he wasn't the least bit interested!! I'm crushed!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thanks for asking. He seems fine. I flushed his infection site until it closed and I couldn't flush it anymore so I hope that was OK. He is still on drugs and I will take him back to the vets when he is finished with them. We are away for a week and my sister is housesitting so he will be well looked after. I just spoke to him on Skype and he wasn't the least bit interested!! I'm crushed!

LOL When I was visiting home for 2 weeks I skyped with Tyson too, his ears went up when he heard my voice, but then he just went back to sleep.

I hope he continues to improve, enjoy your trip!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Hope you are enjoying vacation and the boy is healing up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.