grade 3.5 heart murmur

jammin

Jun 9, 2017
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
rocco
Just adopted my bulldog today he is 11 weeks old so I have lots to learn I've been told he has a grade 3 heart murmur has any one else had a bully with one what can you expect as far as life span and he is breathing really quick land fast what can help this is it normal

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I don't have any experience but I do know it is possible for it to close up on its own, especially since he's still young. I'm sure other members will be able to chime in as well.

I will say I'm surprised the breeder didn't know this or just didn't tell you about it. The breeder I got Louie from has one that has a grade 2 heart murmur and she did not adopt her out because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
first of all welcome :) and, My Shih Tzu had a heart murmur ( don't know what grade) and she did fine and outgrew it.. How long has your bulldog been with you? When Hank (bulldog) just came to live with us he panted A LOT!! and he doesn't have a murmur, but once he got accustomed to our lifestyle, he settled down,,,,, what did your vet say? Beings these are such a heavy breed, I think I would be more concerned but I really don't know.. Hope someone has some info on this as I haven't read any as of yet..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@bullmama [MENTION=2152]kim n the guys[/MENTION]

These two members have experience with it, but some can out grow it others can live a long and happy life with it.

Welcome to EBN and sending prayers for your little one

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Sorry, I don't have any experience with heart murmurs. When we first got Monty, he was panting for the first 2-3 days until he got used to us. Stress, from a new environment. When we take him anywhere, he puffs and pants. He loves his home, he's just not very adventurous and new experiences upset him.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.