EnglishKai

Feb 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kai
Im posting out of desperation. This little girl (4.5 months) has had this thing growing over the last couple of months. We have been to two vets. At first was diagnosed with staph and e.coli and was given multiple rounds of different antibiotics and they just took samples for a biopsy (stitches shown in picture) and got the results back as no active infections. But its still swollen and favors the leg more now but runs no fever, smells funky,looks full of pus but is NOT. Nothing comes out. Her lymph node on that leg is swollen and her whole left hind leg is larger than the other. The vets are stumped, neither vet has ever seen something like this. She is the sweetest little thing :( Anyone every seen anything like this? Anything I could bring up to the vet to check on?

She has had- Cephalexin, Ciprofloxacin (the one vet said to use, the other took her off it after 3 days),antirobe, Novox ( i think this is the anti inflammatory), Clavamox, and two shots of Convenia. To clean, I started with baby shampoo/wipes/peroxide/rubbing alcohol/ some blue stuff the vet gave me to use and epsom salt. I didn't get to use the salt much before the last vet visit tho and now I have to wait for the stitches to come out.

Attachments

• Luna 6.6.17.jpg
    Luna 6.6.17.jpg
    777.1 KB · Views: 178

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Oh man, that look horrible! Since it smells funky and she has had so much antibiotics can it just be yeast growth?

OP
E

EnglishKai

Feb 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kai
If it is, what would I do for it?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Looks like a tumor or cyst to me. I don't know where you live but if you have a University near you with a vet school I wold take them there for another opinion.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

I agree with Todd... is there a university vet school near you?

Where are you located

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Hopefully the biopsy will tell you what's going on, but from your description I can see you haven't treated for MRSA ( methicillin resistant staph aureus ) which is accomplished with intravenous vancomycin. This is becoming more common nowadays. Also you haven't treated for a fungal infection which is commonly treated with fluconazole. You should know in a few days.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
The first vet that prescribed cipro must not realize that you shouldn't prescribe any fluoroquinolones which includes ciprofloxacin to a puppy.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I agree with Todd and Christine. I would find the closest University Vet school and try to get her in as soon as possible. Poor baby. I hope you can get help quickly.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Have the Dr.s Xrayed this leg? Surely they have.....Have they though of H.O.D. as a possibility? Poor baby,I hope you find the answer soon.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.