Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I never even thought of the benedryl being an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's definitely the most sedating on humans but I've never noticed it sedating any of our guys...sometimes I wish it did.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I'm just following along, Tracey, and there's not much I can add, 'cept GL Walter!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Just incase you miss this from another post,,,, THIS IS A REPOST that I'm sharing from DollysOwner...." It's good to rotate antihistamines- I give my dog chlorpheniramine 4-8 mg every 12 hours or Zyrtec (Cetirizine) 0.5 mg/pound once daily, which works out to 10-20mg daily. Diphenhydramine dose is 1 mg/pound 2-3 times daily. All 3 are available in generic versions in Canada that are really inexpensive. Benadryl is the most sedating so I don't give that for seasonal allergies." I had copied it so as to print it out so it was right here at my finger tips.... hope it was ok to repost!

Absolutely, and I got him some Zyrtec today....

- - - Updated - - -

It's definitely the most sedating on humans but I've never noticed it sedating any of our guys...sometimes I wish it did.

:rofl:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I never even thought of the benedryl being an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you know I was giving him a combo of Benadryl and Melatonin... NO wonder he was out of it... Lol :giggle:

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I don't mind you quoting me. Diphenhydramine does tend to have more side effects than the newer generation antihistamines such as cetirizine ( Zyrtec ), including constipation, drowsiness etc

Im feeling kind of weird posting someone else's stuff. I'm going to see if I am sort of tagging him correctly so that he has a chance to know that it's here and say what he wants about it. [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION]

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't mind you quoting me. Diphenhydramine does tend to have more side effects than the newer generation antihistamines such as cetirizine ( Zyrtec ), including constipation, drowsiness etc

I gave him Zyrtec last night, so I will have to see how he acts today... the weather has cooled off some so I'm making him take his daily walk again. Time to lose some of that weight... Lol

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
According to Dogs Naturally Magazine, you would mix 1 tablespoon Metamucil with 120 mL warm bone broth or room temperature coconut water and give this instead of food every 2nd meal for 1-2 days. Dog Anal Glands: The DIY Solution To Stinky Problems - Dogs Naturally Magazine

This was really really interesting... funny thing, when I got finished reading it, and then someore stuff that is listed on the bottom of that page I thought.... I have to post this to the bulldog page!!! geesh!!!! forgetting that is where I got the link... So thanks! Real nice stuff all printed out :)

Members online

No members online now.