ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Taking Wally in today, my vet finally has her mobile unit and her meds. We were out of town this weekend, and my pet sitter told me that Wallygator didn't even play w/Choco his best friend. He just watched Willow play w/him and just laid around...

Yesterday he snapped at Lily... she sat on the floor to pet him and he just went after her. SO unlike him...

First off we are doing the thyroid test, and then I want her to check his ears, anals and paws. He also seems to have developed an eye issue as well, I don't think it's lashes related it seems to be very weepy. I'm going to talk to her about the Apoquel and Cytopant to see if we need to start that. OR this could all be thyroid related I guess...

Ugh... my nerves are shot and I need answers :unsure:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I'll be sending positive thoughts your way. Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Geez....hang in there Tracey im sure they will figure it out very soon as you said so not like him. Keep us posted!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Oh no! Hoping you get answers at the vets. It is so worrying when you are not sure what is going on. Please let us know how it goes.

Florida girls

Feb 3, 2015
FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie Kae, Lady
Poor Wallygator...it's so heartbreaking when you know they're not feeling well.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea sends sloppy kisses and hopes you get some answers soon.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Ugh, poor Wally. I know the feeling, be sure you list out all your questions, sometimes I get frazzled and forget things in the moment. Since she's gonna take blood of thyroid, go ahead and ask for full panel, just to be sure nothing else is off.

I really hope its minor, and some meds help whatever is going on. I hate when they are down, sick or not themselves. Keep us posted! Hugs, and prayers!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
@ddnene Great advice below - it save a lot of time not having to call back when you realise you forgot to ask several things!

..., be sure you list out all your questions, sometimes I get frazzled and forget things in the moment

Hoping little Wally soon feels well again - Castor says hi!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
So sorry to hear. Any updates ? I keep Vetericyn eye gel around in case my dogs get weepy eyes since it's not an antibiotic, but is antiseptic and lubricating. You were out of town- wonder if something happened with the sitter?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I hope your vet can figure it out, and get him fixed up, poor boy.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Oh boy, poor Wally. Sending positive and healing prayers your way. A full blood panel sounds like a great idea and maybe same x-rays? Keep us posted.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh jeez Tracey!! So sorry that you (and of course Wally) are going through this!!!! Thankful that no one was hurt and PRAY that whatever is bothering Wally is diagnosed and easy to treat. Love from Joey and I !

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers... our appointment was late last night because the vet was having an inspection on her mobile unit. [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] I actually DID take a list to see her because I would forget... Lol Luckily for me I do have her personal cell number so I can send her a text.

She did the TSH test, and we actually had done a FULL blood panel a year ago when I had hired that trainer from Nashville. We have the results from those tests so at least w/the thyroid we have a baseline. Those results will hopefully be in by this weekend. Anals were full AGAIN... so I guess the Glandex isn't working. We are going to try Metamucil and see if that helps, or maybe now is the time to try a higher fiber food. I have waited on the food change to see about his thyroid test results, the only thing they are eating right now is Fromm's Beef Frittata. Eye was just allergies, she did a stain and thankfully NO ulcers. [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] Thanks for the tip about the vetericyn eye drops... I will get some to have on hand. I talked to her regarding Apoquel and the Cytopant... she said that she uses BOTH drugs on dogs and sees great results. The ONLY issue is that ONCE you start w/those you have to keep using them. They are considered the TOP allergy meds for dogs, and she doesn't feel that Walter is at that point yet especially since we don't quite know why he is losing his hair. She feels that once we get some answers on his blood tests, and then I will start a food trial and we will see what happens. One of the reasons that I like her SO much is that she is very patient when it comes to changes w/my pups... one step at a time.

At least NOW I know that when his anals are FULL he is NOT a happy camper, and his behavior does show it. I'm going to keep a chart on how often they need to be cleaned... right now we are at about every 2 to 3 months and I don't know if that is considered normal.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
So good you love and can your vet at times like this! I love mine too! so, just out of curiosity,,, how do you know if glands are full??? So far, im pretty confident that Hank hasnt had them full and his poops are so good that i think it clears them naturally but!!!!!!!!! im not altogether sure about this and with me trying to get him used to a 'complete' food i can use when we travel (cant carry fresh meat) he hasnt been as perfect as usual so may have an issue... Anyway,, thanks, and hope things keep improving...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.