skin infection and shampoo

OP
love jelly

love jelly

Mar 20, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Angelica (aka JELLY)
My Abby has the most allergies. I don't put coconut oil in her food. I will actually put it directly on her hot spot areas! She is allergic to plastic, synthetic fibers, pork, dairy products and grains. YUCK.
If things get real bad, I do rinse her with apple vinegar after baths, smells like a salad but works.

Do you know if there is anything that I can put on the bumps between her toes when I see them? I thought about cortisone cream, but she licks her feet so I don't think that's a good idea. I feel like I need to be putting something on the bumps to heal them?!?
Obviously I'll check with the vet, but she's not due for a few more weeks, I feel so bad for her when I see her licking... :(

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
That is why I use the coconut oil, if she licks the area, it won't bother her. The Apple vinegar may work good, might not be as tempting to lick, however may sting if there are any open lesions.

You are very close to another member of ours. We get to south Fl at times, my son went to college in Tampa for a couple years. I love that area.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
@ love jelly-- yes I do. I take a tablespoon of it and melt it for about 30 seconds and add with her supper. The name is Organic virgin Coconut oil, from Coco therapy. They give you directions on how to give. it is suppose to be 1 tsp per 10 pounds of body weight, but I give her a little less. The jar runs about 18.00. And yes, you can also massage into her hot spots. I love it! And I can feel how soft Mocha is and her fur is so shinny!
Start her like I am doing with Mocha , a little at a time and see how she does. Dont feel discourage about all of this information, once you change her food and start her in the right path She will get better and the rest is just keeping it up. The yougurt is also good for her. You are doing a good job! you are asking questions and getting great answers and advice from all the members. :up:

OP
love jelly

love jelly

Mar 20, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Angelica (aka JELLY)
@ love jelly-- yes I do. I take a tablespoon of it and melt it for about 30 seconds and add with her supper. The name is Organic virgin Coconut oil, from Coco therapy. They give you directions on how to give. it is suppose to be 1 tsp per 10 pounds of body weight, but I give her a little less. The jar runs about 18.00. And yes, you can also massage into her hot spots. I love it! And I can feel how soft Mocha is and her fur is so shinny!
Start her like I am doing with Mocha , a little at a time and see how she does. Dont feel discourage about all of this information, once you change her food and start her in the right path She will get better and the rest is just keeping it up. The yougurt is also good for her. You are doing a good job! you are asking questions and getting great answers and advice from all the members. :up:

Yes...a lot of information...but it's great, we're on the right path!! Thanks to everyone!!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I think they are called interdigital cysts. You may soak her paw in warm epsom salt for 10 minutes or so. I got this info from one of my english bulldog books. What it says is you may want to put her in the tub for this because she will be standing in the water instead of you trying to soak one paw at a time.Make sure you dry well and also use an antibiotic ointment. I guess some people use preparation H, but I would be worried about her licking it. Make sure that her vet checks them out.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=2062]love jelly[/MENTION] I think the bumps between her toes are interdigital cysts, and yes those are usually due to allergies. I just did a search for it here on the forum, they have been talked about a lot!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/search.php?searchid=227840

I don't know if that link will work, but it is the search.

OP
love jelly

love jelly

Mar 20, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Angelica (aka JELLY)
@love jelly I think the bumps between her toes are interdigital cysts, and yes those are usually due to allergies. I just did a search for it here on the forum, they have been talked about a lot!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/search.php?searchid=227840

I don't know if that link will work, but it is the search.

It didn't work and I searched but couldn't find anything...do you remember what you searched for? I tried interdigital cysts and bumps between toes...nothing.

good night to all and thank you!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.