1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Has a perianal adenoma been ruled out? Or fistula? [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] Best of luck at the vet-hope your questions can be answered. If not go elsewhere.

We are going this afternoon and I will see [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] vet. It's the same practice I go to, just different vet as Dr Dikeman is on vacation. Hopefully, different eyes can offer a solution. He has also thrown up this morning (clear liquid as I haven't fed him just in case they need to sedate him) and that is extremely rare for him, and he has very soft stools. My poor boy!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We are going this afternoon and I will see @TyTysmom vet. It's the same practice I go to, just different vet as Dr Dikeman is on vacation. Hopefully, different eyes can offer a solution. He has also thrown up this morning (clear liquid as I haven't fed him just in case they need to sedate him) and that is extremely rare for him, and he has very soft stools. My poor boy!

Oh poor Monty, my heart breaks to see them sick. Are you seeing Dr. Chellappan? She is the best, very sweet. I sure hope she can get down to the root and get it cleared up for him. Please keep us posted, praying its nothing serious - no sedation needed - just some meds :begging:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Wish the best for Monty. He may have thrown up because he didn't eat. [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION]

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh poor Monty, my heart breaks to see them sick. Are you seeing Dr. Chellappan? She is the best, very sweet. I sure hope she can get down to the root and get it cleared up for him. Please keep us posted, praying its nothing serious - no sedation needed - just some meds :begging:

Yes, seeing as Dr Dikeman wasn't there, they gave me an appointment with a Dr Pruitt at first until I asked if she was very bully experienced, then they promptly moved me to Dr Chellappan! I know you think highly of her so that was great. I will tell her Tyson says Hi!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yes, seeing as Dr Dikeman wasn't there, they gave me an appointment with a Dr Pruitt at first until I asked if she was very bully experienced, then they promptly moved me to Dr Chellappan! I know you think highly of her so that was great. I will tell her Tyson says Hi!

Yes!! She is wonderful, Tyson loves her :) and she knows my level of crazy so you can be yourself - birds of a feather! Haha.

I'll be waiting for an update!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Wish the best for Monty. He may have thrown up because he didn't eat. [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION]

Yes, I thought that but it has never happened before. Always a first time though and seeing as he hasn't done it again, that was probably it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers... let us know how it goes

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yes, I thought that but it has never happened before. Always a first time though and seeing as he hasn't done it again, that was probably it.

Looks like we may be heading into see her as well I was watching Tyson through the cameras at work and noticed he was pacing unusually so I came home to find Pee on the floor with a little bit of blood I think he has another UTI!!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Looks like we may be heading into see her as well I was watching Tyson through the cameras at work and noticed he was pacing unusually so I came home to find Pee on the floor with a little bit of blood I think he has another UTI!!!

[emoji29].... keep us posted

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names

Did you take him this afternoon? My sister was sitting in the waiting room and said there was a "really big" white bulldog called Tyson that came in! Apparently as 'Tyson' was going in, I was coming out. If it was you I am really sorry we missed each other! I do hope your Tyson is OK. I did give Dr Chellappan your best and she she said she loved you two!!

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Monty has a bacterial infection. It is not his anal gland which Dr Chellappan confirmed. She immediately thought it was the anal gland at first too but after examining him, it is an abscess deep in his body that originated with his tail infection. The cephalexin just wasn't strong enough to knock it out. She gave him a shot and has given me Baytril and Tramadol instead. She also sent a sample off to see if there is any other bacteria present that we need to treat that the Baytil won't cover. Now we wait and see. I am pleased to know what it is (and isn't) but the fight is not over yet. It is obviously very resistant but finger crossed we are on the road to recovery!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I really hate the news of possible UTI for TyTy & pray against it.

Worried about same for Cami & keeping close eye on her, her
last one was a nightmare! Think she's holding her urine too long
until she just has to go.

She's mad at me right now & pouting, so cute! My phone doesn't
have internet or I'd show y'all a pic ;) XOXO

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Did you take him this afternoon? My sister was sitting in the waiting room and said there was a "really big" white bulldog called Tyson that came in! Apparently as 'Tyson' was going in, I was coming out. If it was you I am really sorry we missed each other! I do hope your Tyson is OK. I did give Dr Chellappan your best and she she said she loved you two!!

Yes! It was him. I came home picked him up and dropped him off with his dad! So my hubby took him in. She did an ultrasound, didn't see any stones and prostate looked good. SOOOO Mr. Monty and Tyson are in the same boat, Tyson also got Baytril, baytril knocks out a lot, it's much stronger than others. Be sure you give it to him with food. Tysons also on Tramadol too.

I show hope these guys shape up quick, giving us a dang heart attack. Lol we do need to meet one day under better circumstances of course!!!!

Did you like Dr Chellappan?

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
I liked her a lot. I liked that I didn't feel rushed.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fingers, toes and paws are crossed... hugs to you both

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online