Help Needed! face sores

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
OP says he got rid of the yeast by avoiding potatoes. Spot Farm has potato as the #2 ingredient in the grain free.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
OP says he got rid of the yeast by avoiding potatoes. Spot Farm has potato as the #2 ingredient in the grain free.

If a dog cant tolerate potatoes for sure you avoid it. But its not all dogs. I did reach the Spot Farms and asked about that, they say its only to hold it together as there's barely any in it but which still has to be mentioned by law.

I like HK but it's kind of liquid. I do prep it the night before, still wet. Soim tryingthis SF to see what happens.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It also sounds like Cysts. [MENTION=17203]BigToby[/MENTION]

lovemybull

Jan 8, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
UB
Hi- my bully got these facial sores too. First on one side, that healed, hair is very slowly growing back (it's been about 2 years) and now the other side. They wept. I try to keep them clean. Used witch hazel on the first one, which got it to stop weeping pretty fast. It didn't work on the 2nd one- tried diluted betadine or dab rubbing alcohol or vetericyn and the list goes on. Now, I just keep it clean by dabbing with a damp tissue to clean out anything that's stuck and if it weeps, keep dabbing until it stops. It's still there but slowed down in the weeping department (crossing my fingers). It started quite abruptly- no change in diet or location or detergent.

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Good luck. I hope you have good results with the remedies suggested. I've some new information in this thread! I'll be glad to hear how your baby does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.