I need help, Samson has had diarrhea for a couple days

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maybe he just ate something then that upset his tummy!!

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Well just got back about 30 minutes ago. Place was a zoo but like I said before that was expected. Both of my pups are parasite, worm and heartworm free. Totally negative for all that and I confirmed before and after the test that giardia and coccidia was included, they told me it definitely was. Well at this point I think I am going to do the bland diet and give him some pedialyte, if it doesn't go away in the next couple days we will go back again. His poos have been firming up more and more but it has been slowly which is why I have been worried. Thank you all for your help and advice, love you guys!!!!! :hug:

Well they can get things like we do...Did you check out that link I attached. It is something you can give that will help firm up their poo also...And it's under $20...The ASCA/ Australian Shepherd Club of America's affiliate was the one who told me about it. People who do dog shows tend to keep it on hand...

Stress can also bring on diarrhea...anything unusual that may have unsettled Samson? Show dogs tend to get diarrhea at dog shows...from nerves.

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
So as of this morning Samson was back to a completely solid poo. He didn't go poo for almost 2 days because it was raining alot here, he would just run outside to pee REALLY quick (and way too close to the back door I might add :angry:) and book it back outside. Thats typical though, if he could avoid going outside all together when it is raining he would. Dave and I were just joking that he was just faking it all along, that he just wanted extra lovings and the bland diet. I mean if I were him I would prefer a fresh ground beef, white rice and cottage cheese meal over dried kibble. Sensitive tummy or just pure jealous???????? LOL

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
So good to hear that he's back to normal. Yeah, I agree, most likely he was faking it =). Who said bullies aren't smart? They can be so manipulative at times. And, of course, we always fall for it!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
FAKER! haha Glad all is well now, nothing worse than a runny poop with a bully butt that needs extra care anyhow.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Soooooo glad Samson is back to "normal". lol
We got some snow overnight and when Gracie went out for her 15 second potty time she poo'd and pee'd right on the sidewalk close to the door.:rolleyes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.