ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
As most of you know, Wally has been a mess... he has a double ear infection (which I had packed last week) he is gaining weight and losing his hair. My vet is in a transition faze to a mobile unit, so she is going to check his thyroid in a week when her meds come in. I have him on a regime of benadryl and melatonin every night to combat the allergies and hair loss till we get his blood checked. WELL he still has that interdigital cyst, I guess it never really went away or I stopped the treatment too soon. NOW Willow has one... :ohmy: she has NO allergy signs except now she's chewing her paws. The really weird part is that the HOA for some unknown reason decided to treat my yard w/some pellets (for weeds) but I already have a contract w/Lawn Doctor and they have already treated my yard once. When Lawn Doctor sprays I keep the dogs in for at least several hours until the grass is dried, but I didn't even know the damn HOA treated my yard because I was out of town and my MIL was keeping the dogs. So I have NO idea how long the dogs were let out in this crap...

Ugh... I started the soaking of the paws in epsom salt and I'm putting vetericyn on them last night. Has anyone noticed cysts related to lawn treatments? Seems so weird and coincidental that Willow would have a breakout too...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] So far I have never had this problem-my grass is not my priority, but both children and animals have been known to have reactions to such things. Better tell them no pellets-what if they eat them? Mine would. Hope the "kids" heal up fast!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@ddnene So far I have never had this problem-my grass is not my priority, but both children and animals have been known to have reactions to such things. Better tell them no pellets-what if they eat them? Mine would. Hope the "kids" heal up fast!

Well unfortunately we live in a subdivision w/an HOA... so they want everyone's grass to look good. Last year I only had them do the front yard, but this year the weeds got out of control in the back. I have never had an issue w/lawn sprays as long as I let it get good and dry beforehand... just seems so weird that they BOTH now have cysts.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I'd lean more towards allergies than a reactions to something in the lawn. I'd think that if it were a reaction to lawn it would be more of a rash? Or breakout? We have been soaking Tyson's paws in Hibiclens - diluted of course. I find it to work well in combo with the Epsom. Like alternate days, not both in one day.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Harvey was aggressively licking his pads and I saw it was really pink.

Went to the vet along with his annual checkup. He recommended Cytopoint injection and Apoquel.

Opted for Apoquel - So far it has been working.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
ok, first, I'm so sure sorry for your guy going through even more crap o la!!!!! and,,,, I surly wonder about the yard being treated as, my yard is never treated, and full of 'mowed' weeds/dandylions, grass mixture, and hank is fine. I go up to a well maintained (hoa type thing) and do long walks on all this soft lush grass (probably treated) and he comes home with interdigital cysts... sooooooooooooooooo??? what does that mean? I'm not sure but he runs all over in this raggedy country ole' I would think rough on his feet' yard and is fine, and goes onto the lush grass and walla,,, issue! Back to the soaking and spraying!! So, guess I'm saying, it 'seems' to me that the 'treating' of the yard could cause???

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well unfortunately we live in a subdivision w/an HOA... so they want everyone's grass to look good. Last year I only had them do the front yard, but this year the weeds got out of control in the back. I have never had an issue w/lawn sprays as long as I let it get good and dry beforehand... just seems so weird that they BOTH now have cysts.

I think it is more of the allergy related to the environment.... if it was the weeding pellets, I think like Jessica said it would be more redness and a rash like breakout. But, we could be wrong.

I would maybe try Zrytec or Claritin for them... see if it helps or ask your vet about the CADI (cytopoint) shot.... no side effects and it is working awesome for Lambeau. No hotspots, paw licking or itching.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'd lean more towards allergies than a reactions to something in the lawn. I'd think that if it were a reaction to lawn it would be more of a rash? Or breakout? We have been soaking Tyson's paws in Hibiclens - diluted of course. I find it to work well in combo with the Epsom. Like alternate days, not both in one day.

Where do you get Hibiclens? Lord it was a battle to do the epson salt :whew: Lol

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Where do you get Hibiclens? Lord it was a battle to do the epson salt :whew: Lol
Usually anywhere... CVS, Walgreens, Target, Walmart. Should be near the alcohol, or first aid. Be sure you dilute it well.
18344.jpg

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think it is more of the allergy related to the environment.... if it was the weeding pellets, I think like Jessica said it would be more redness and a rash like breakout. But, we could be wrong.

I would maybe try Zrytec or Claritin for them... see if it helps or ask your vet about the CADI (cytopoint) shot.... no side effects and it is working awesome for Lambeau. No hotspots, paw licking or itching.

It's just weird because Wally has allergy signs... red face, ear infections, and now the cysts. Willow has NOTHING but the cysts?!! I may have to do the shot for Wallygator...

- - - Updated - - -

Usually anywhere... CVS, Walgreens, Target, Walmart. Should be near the alcohol, or first aid. Be sure you dilute it well.
View attachment 106009

Oh ok, Thank you... I will get some tomorrow!!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Willow seems more like Banks... she just wanted to sleep when her allergies kicked in... Nitschke and Lambeau show it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow seems more like Banks... she just wanted to sleep when her allergies kicked in... Nitschke and Lambeau show it

OH they seem a LOT alike... Willow is a handful I will give you that :rofl:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Hiow are the kids doing

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ddnene Hiow are the kids doing

They are doing better, I have been soaking their paws in epsom salt and putting on the vetericyn daily. I have caught Willow chewing on her paws, honestly I think it's for something to do... so I made a point yesterday and today to take them on good long walks while it was cool. She's too wore out for the chewing sessions... Lol

Both of them are shedding horribly, I spent over an hour vacuuming the downstairs!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.