Semi-Freaking Out

B770QE

Feb 7, 2016
California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Poor sweet fella! Lots of hugs for both of y'all & prayers he's completely well very soon. Try to relax, even though I know that is difficult when worrying so much.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Poor TyTy. I will be praying for him-and you,too [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION]. You are right,when it rains,it pours! Always happened to me. Try to take it easy-you will get yourself sick little girl.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Update:

Not 100% back in the hearing department yet, BUT we have progress.... Tyson can hear the doorbell again!!!!!!! I really don't know if he'll ever get to 100% again, but I'll take any small progress over nothing!

Ding Dong! Going to post a new thread now in the pics area from this weekend!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Update:

Not 100% back in the hearing department yet, BUT we have progress.... Tyson can hear the doorbell again!!!!!!! I really don't know if he'll ever get to 100% again, but I'll take any small progress over nothing!

This is great news that his hearing is coming back!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Update:

That is great news!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
great news!! and ya got to give it to them ..... we all just may be in the "nutCase" dept.... But its all in the name of love ;)

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
George gets ear problems within minutes it seems like I can clean his ears today and by the next morning he's got some gunk or dry crap going on in his ears. I'm sure Ty will be fine after treatment. Wishing you all the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Ya'll - I literally had a tears in my eyes.... I was so happy.... I was hugging him, and kissing him.... he just stared at me like I was a total nutcase. LOL

I'm sure he realised that he made his mummy very happy! On the other hand, it's good that he himself didn't make much of it as that probably shows that he doesn't mind if he hears the doorbell or not.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I'm sure he realised that he made his mummy very happy! On the other hand, it's good that he himself didn't make much of it as that probably shows that he doesn't mind if he hears the doorbell or not.

exactly! good point!!!!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I love the pictures!!!! Where is that?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
AWESOME!!! Progress is progress!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Mometamax has gentamicin which can be toxic to ear if the tympanic membrane is perforated. Guess TyTy had a small perforation that vet didn't pick up on. Baytril Otic would have probably been safer as enrofloxacin is safe in middle ear and silver sulfadiazine is PROBABLY safe in middle ear. I read that vet can add 13mL of 100mg/ml enrofloxacin injection to 118mL ear drop bottle of TrizULTRA plus ketoconazole product and that would be safe. And of course if vet sees that the tympanic membrane is perforated then the dog will need oral antibiotics.

Yes!!!!!! If it gets into a certain part of the ear. And it says it on the damn insert too, CAN LEAD TO HEARING LOSS. Ugh. Bad mom here, I've never read inserts before. Throw that crap away if you have it!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Two other products that are safe to use if ear drum was punctured is Dechra Malacetic Otic Ear/Skin cleanser https://www.amazon.com/DECHRA-DermaPet-Malacetic-Otic-Cleanser/dp/B00J4F0QK6 and vinegar mixed half and half with water.

No, she hasn't. I went ahead and set up another appointment for tomorrow. I want his ears re-checked. He's been shaking his head a little, and last time she said she couldn't see all the way in because of the meds, so by now that should have cleared. I made an appt for tomorrow at 12. I want answers, not giving up!

The only thing we can think of is this: He had an infection, I applied the ointment, which is considered a toxin (throw it away if you have it) and that ruptured his ear drum. Everything I've read says a ruptured drug causes temporary hearing loss. Most say the hearing comes back once it heals, but there are a small amount that don't. I need her to look at his ears again to see if she can see the drum area now. I don't believe that he just loses his hearing in the matter of one day, and if our theory is correct, it makes sense (the hearing loss).

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.