OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Elmo had this to happen to him the first of this year, his whole dew claw came off, the Vet said it would not come back, it has not, I would take Castor to his Vet to be checked out, just to make sure all is ok with his dew claw. Sending Love and Kisses to Castor.

Thanks Susan and Elmo - yes, we might need to take him to the vet. This morning he seems fine though - has been out and is now having breakfast. Looks the same as yesterday but I can now see that the dew claw is in another angle than the one on the other leg so might be affected too.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thanks Susan and Elmo - yes, we might need to take him to the vet. This morning he seems fine though - has been out and is now having breakfast. Looks the same as yesterday but I can now see that the dew claw is in another angle than the one on the other leg so might be affected too.

Awe... I'm glad its not affecting him and he seems fine. If it seems off from the other, than maybe a vet should double check. I know he'll be just fine :)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
The Vet will likely take it off and that will be that. Bullies have a very high tolerance for pain. But left to heal on it's own would be risky, IMO. Good luck Castor and Mom.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yes,I agree with [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION], [MENTION=9875]cefe13[/MENTION] Best to have the vet look at it. Risk of infection,or getting caught again on something.

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Thanks - we'll talk to a vet tomorrow and see what they say. The claw looks fine so far - no swelling and not worse than yesterday as far as I can see.

Most Reactions