healhy *looking* poop the answer

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
On this, I'm asking because I absolutely love hk because the 'clean up' is just the best :) So,, does that mean it's the best 'for him' ... I didn't like the poop on the grama lucies, but does that mean it's not as good for him? And on kibble it's fine, but just not the wonder poop as the kindly... So, is this really the meter that I should go by as far as best for him not just me ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:poo: patrol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I thought that might look a bit 'off' lol..... but HOPPING you know what I mean ;) who else woulda caught that ! ;o
WTH?! Who the heck checks yours? :whut?:

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
For sure, quality of poop is a strong indicator that the food suits your dog. If poop is loose, liquidish, that means that not all water is absorbed in the end of bowels, and that signals about one thing - food irritates and causes inflammation of intestinal wall, so it cannot perform its function of water absorption. Reasons can be different - allergy to component of food, even too nutritious food which your dog has not enough digestive enzymes for etc. Irrespective of amount of water dog drinks, stools must be dry enough. I heard from one vet that poop must make a light sound falling on the hard surface. If it's not - then, something in food is causing irritation and later inflammation of digestive tract. But excessive water in poop is just the beginning of pathological processes. Later, if not suitable food is given again and again, irritated intestinal wall trying to protect itself from it, and covers itself with layer of protective slime, and this slime doesn't let nutrients to be absorbed. And dog becomes malnourished. So, if you see that stools are loose, it is not so innocent. It is definitely a sign that you should try to find more suitable food for your dog. So, if your dogs poop is good on HK, go with it.

Staff online

Members online