speaking of teeth AND essential oils

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I was reading about TruDog (spray me) for dogs teeth and general health and these are the ingredients " Distilled Water, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Peppermint Oil, Grape Seed Extract, Grain Alcohol, Rosemary Oil, Thyme Oil and Neem Oil "
... all except the "grain Alcohol which I would prefer not to use) seemed great and the reviews are great. I would think *someone* here would have done a nice tooth spray and wondering if they would share their thoughts on either this, or theirs. I believe I lost my shih Tzu (at 15) too young due to teeth issues/heart so want to prevent anything I can

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I was reading about TruDog (spray me) for dogs teeth and general health and these are the ingredients " Distilled Water, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Peppermint Oil, Grape Seed Extract, Grain Alcohol, Rosemary Oil, Thyme Oil and Neem Oil "
... all except the "grain Alcohol which I would prefer not to use) seemed great and the reviews are great. I would think *someone* here would have done a nice tooth spray and wondering if they would share their thoughts on either this, or theirs. I believe I lost my shih Tzu (at 15) too young due to teeth issues/heart so want to prevent anything I can

Interesting! I'll be watching this thread for updates!! @helsowheels Helene might know of a recipe

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Ive heard Leba III Pet Dental Spray is good, but haven't used it on my dog. I've been giving my dogs 1/8 tsp daily of Starwest Botanical organic kelp ( Ascophyllum nodosum ) which is supposed to make plaque not accumulate but I don't know if it's working. It's also supposed to be a good source of trace minerals so it can't hurt. I gave some to a friend and his dog doesn't like the taste of it, but my dogs don't mind. I recently saw a dog show on tv that compared brushing teeth daily to a dentachew biscuit daily to a special dry kibble and the brushing of teeth arm won by a landslide.So, the best is if you can brush your dogs teeth daily.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Grain Alcohol is a no no. You know, just neem or coconut oil will do. I know a dentist and he said to me once a while back, if everyone would use half a teaspoon of Coconut oil and swich around in their mouth 3-5 mins and teeth, like a rinse, dentist would be out of a job. Kills all bacteria and you will never get cavities! Best part is it whitens your teeth!!!!!

The other one is neem. 10yrs ago ive asked one of my coworker Mr Seyed Science teacher from Bombay/India which he visited his mom each year in India n asked him to bring me neem toothpaste. These days you'll find it in your health food store. Neem is a tree that grows in India and when they have their grasshopper invasion that swarms through all their crops, trees and all and they really distory all but the neem tree which is the only tree that is not touched! These grasshoppers are not the little guys but 4-6" long and kills crops. You always wonder why the people from India has white teeth like REALLY white? They chew on neem twigs!! So there you go in Hawaii nice solid white teeth cause of Coconut oil n India same thing cause of neem twigs!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Very interesting stuff both of you ! I'm all set with coconut oil I wish I could use a toothbrush in his mouth too.. Wonder if I can find need anywhere.. Wouldn't that be great to pick up neem sticks here and just let him chew on those sticks instead of naughty sticks..Thanks ;)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Very interesting stuff both of you ! I'm all set with coconut oil I wish I could use a toothbrush in his mouth too.. Wonder if I can find need anywhere.. Wouldn't that be great to pick up neem sticks here and just let him chew on those sticks instead of naughty sticks..Thanks ;)

You can get CO in spray. Check your health food store.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
hummm,, I will check for the spray... would that liquid coconut oil (cant think of the name) spray through a bottle I wonder, and just use that?? And would you know what the dilution , IF I got neem oil, of drops to add to spray would be? ... also [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION], I have been using some of the solid gold sea meal, or GreenMin from dr Dobias, or Kelp powder by Now,,, I alternate :) His teeth at this poing lookin good, but surly going to smear or spray coconut oil.............. on him AND me ;0

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Grain Alcohol is a no no. You know, just neem or coconut oil will do. I know a dentist and he said to me once a while back, if everyone would use half a teaspoon of Coconut oil and swich around in their mouth 3-5 mins and teeth, like a rinse, dentist would be out of a job. Kills all bacteria and you will never get cavities! Best part is it whitens your teeth!!!!!

The other one is neem. 10yrs ago ive asked one of my coworker Mr Seyed Science teacher from Bombay/India which he visited his mom each year in India n asked him to bring me neem toothpaste. These days you'll find it in your health food store. Neem is a tree that grows in India and when they have their grasshopper invasion that swarms through all their crops, trees and all and they really distory all but the neem tree which is the only tree that is not touched! These grasshoppers are not the little guys but 4-6" long and kills crops. You always wonder why the people from India has white teeth like REALLY white? They chew on neem twigs!! So there you go in Hawaii nice solid white teeth cause of Coconut oil n India same thing cause of neem twigs!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

A walking book of healthy knowledge... that you are ;)

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
You have to use organic kelp of this particular strain: Ascophyllum nodosum , to help with teeth, not just any strain.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
the "now' luminaria digitata and ascophylium nodosum... hope that other thing is ok too
You have to use organic kelp of this particular strain: Ascophyllum nodosum , to help with teeth, not just any strain.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
so, I ordered (and received) some 'neem bark powder'... you can put on food even (which I did just a pinch) but I'm also going to make a coconut oil/neem toothpaste... It sais it's great for digestion stuff as well...... and make a 'flea powder' if ya like as per [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.